Sox vs Blue Jays 6:07, Giolito vs Gausman

reiks12

14 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

13 hits. They just don’t get around the bases enough. Remains to be seen if this is a feature not a bug. 

One of the main problems is that we don’t walk and are not hitting home runs.  At the same time we hit into many double plays, and have bad clutch hitting and bad baserunning…not a good formula to score many runs and have high LOB numbers.

16 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Attendance is not the problem. management is the problem, injures are the problem. I went to about 14 or 15 games last year. This year zero so far. They won’t get a dime from me this year. 

With little to no fan interest beyond ST holders they fleeced hawking playoff tickets last Summer/Fall, they stand pat or sell, versus being buyers like they were last July if they extra revenue.

16 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The crazy thing is I didn't talk to a single person this off season that wasn't sure they were going to make a couple big impact moves.  They were talking to the right players and teams but ended up doing nothing and nobody seems to know why.  Probably just a combination of Hahn's incompetence and Jerry's stubbornness.

You see JR/Hahn quibbling over $50K with one of the few players who actually has performed well, and you tell your agent, "hard pass".

The only players ever interested in signing with a Reinsdorf organization are those at the end of the line with no other / better options.

That's how you get a roster full of old free agents like Lynn (extension), Grandal, Keuchel, Encarnacion, Eaton, Harrison, Leury, Cueto, etc. during your delusional "multi-championship window" TM.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Greenline, not sure if Ron Washington is the answer but I guess anything is better than TLR. He’s allowing The baseline coaches to take too many chances. He lets players dog it on the base pads. McGuire not running full speed and Mendick running will cost them this game. POOR CHOICES. POOR COACHING AND MANAGER AND MANAGEMENT FOR NOT STANDING UP TO JR WHEN HE WANTED TLR. As big an idiot that Hahn can be, he wouldn’t of hired TLR IF IT WAS HIS CHOICE WITH NO INTERFERENCE. 

No accountability, no adjustments.

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

They also have an awful habit of overrating their own mediocre players 

It's baffling how Hahn refuses to make the team better.  Like right now Ryan Borucki is available and he's better than Sousa and Banks but Hahn won't try to acquire him. He'd rather just stick with what he has instead of trying to improve the team when there's an opportunity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Awful baserunning. Burger surprisingly only batter to not get a hit. 13 hits and five runs is laughable. That's a lot of hits. Wasted a great night from Vaughn. Sox are gonna lose a lotta games without Tim even though hits were aplenty tonight.

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sox are bad at:

hitting, defense, coaching, fundamentals, staying healthy

They suck 

And they continue to be one of the worst franchises in never a sense of urgency. Gave another game away tonight with the ridiculous baserunning. Doesn't matter. No urgency. Who cares if they pissed away another game.

26 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Awful baserunning. Burger surprisingly only batter to not get a hit. 13 hits and five runs is laughable. That's a lot of hits. Wasted a great night from Vaughn. Sox are gonna lose a lotta games without Tim even though hits were aplenty tonight.

I mean, other than the leadoff HITTER and designated HITTER.

If Engel caught that ball, or if Burger didn't hit into that unusual third to second double play, or if Mendick did not try to advance to second. or if Giolito did not throw hanger to a guy who already homered off of him...All that and more went against the Sox in one game.  That happens a few times over the course of a season to almost every team. You just have to pick up and play the next day. It's one loss .. not as big of a deal as some posters here are trying to make it.

Edited by tray

2 hours ago, fathom said:

You want to talk about taking a year or two off the expected contention window.  I truly believe they should trade Giolito in a month to the Dodgers.

If we are to assume that he won't be re-signed, then it feels like a no-brainer to me. You could get the catcher of the future, one of their top 100 pitching prospects and a lefty bat (Busch?) prospect all in one swing rather than the comp pick after next season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

And they continue to be one of the worst franchises in never a sense of urgency. Gave another game away tonight with the ridiculous baserunning. Doesn't matter. No urgency. Who cares if they pissed away another game.

No accountability.

30 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

If we are to assume that he won't be re-signed, then it feels like a no-brainer to me. You could get the catcher of the future, one of their top 100 pitching prospects and a lefty bat (Busch?) prospect all in one swing rather than the comp pick after next season

2 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The crazy thing is I didn't talk to a single person this off season that wasn't sure they were going to make a couple big impact moves.  They were talking to the right players and teams but ended up doing nothing and nobody seems to know why.  Probably just a combination of Hahn's incompetence and Jerry's stubbornness.

And for some reason, people here will still give them the benefit of the doubt next off-season.