White Sox @ Blue Jays 2:07 PM, Cueto (0-1, 2.41) vs. Manoah (5-1, 1.77)

hogan873

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah, its insane if that is actually what is stopping them from making a change.  But sadly, it probably is. 

I think 2005 was enough for Jerry. It got him what he wanted. Every that comes after is just gravy. 

As others have mentioned, the only way TLR ever made sense was Jerry "righting that wrong" from years ago. He wanted to close that chapter and this was his chance...set him up with what looked to be a ready-made winning ballclub. And in a lot of ways it was. When TLR took this club over...the arrow had probably never been higher on this franchise. A season and a half later, it's a dumpster fire. 

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

I think 2005 was enough for Jerry. It got him what he wanted. Every that comes after is just gravy. 

As others have mentioned, the only way TLR ever made sense was Jerry "righting that wrong" from years ago. He wanted to close that chapter and this was his chance...set him up with what looked to be a ready-made winning ballclub. And in a lot of ways it was. When TLR took this club over...the arrow had probably never been higher on this franchise. A season and a half later, it's a dumpster fire. 

Kind of like going from 1983 to 85-86 and how far that set the franchise back in all aspects...at least until hitting on a string of draft picks.

8 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I don't think I have ever hated a manager as much as I do Tony. Just seeing his old ass in the dugout or walk out to the mound makes me angry.

Also, I might have a problem.

Damn even over Bevington?

3 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

I can't stomach this team with TLR.  Dude is trying to actively sabotage the team.  I hope they revoke his HOF status.

The HOF wasn’t too happy when came out of retirement. He probably should’ve stayed there.

Edited by maloney.adam

The ironic thing is that Jerry gets TLR out of retirement to “right a wrong” to make himself feel better and in return is destroying LaRussa’s legacy. Young fans won’t remember the TLR of the 90’s or 00’s. They remember this catastrophic failure zombie instead. It’s poetic. Dude could have gone out on a WS winner and instead was thrust into the limelight with a questionable hiring process, a DUI, and snowballed into this shitshow we get to watch night in and night out.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I would assume one could dig a little deeper and see that plenty of teams that have used 35+ lineups had tweaks and small changes rather than daily lineups that look like TLR fed his dog a shredded list of batters' names and then made the lineup from the resulting pile of shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I don't think I have ever hated a manager as much as I do Tony. Just seeing his old ass in the dugout or walk out to the mound makes me angry.

Also, I might have a problem.

You aren't alone there

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I hate Tony La Russa with all my heart

I'm ready to let the ship burn at this point.. Obviously the organization doesn't give a f*** f*** and they're letting this old man just run the ship into the ground

• Like 1