White Sox @ Blue Jays 2:07 PM, Cueto (0-1, 2.41) vs. Manoah (5-1, 1.77)

hogan873

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

There is a perfectly fine team just down the road from me in Houston. I've ignored them for 25 years. Why not enjoy life? Most of the board here wanted one of their people hired for manager so it's not like anyone really cares how they win. Plus they have changed. 

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

Why root for these DUI driving assholes? 

Maybe because I was born and raised on the South side.  

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

I got shredded for contemplating the same thing, but with the Cubs. I could enjoy a team with no expectations at a stadium a mile away from me. Sounds like a better deal than rooting for this team. 

The little I've watched them I will say their playing a lot harder than the Sox and are more fun to watch....lose of course.

Seriously they look like their playing for their jobs and having fun doing it.

3 hours ago, harkness99 said:

they have to get rid of TLR ... please for the love of god you can not let this continue

Reinsdorf will never allow it given his assertion his worst sports related decision was allowing Hawk to fire TLR.

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Actually TLR was misquoted. His actually quote was, " What you do is you get angry, then you find the nearest bar and pound back 8 or 9 rum and cokes, head back to the hotel and sleep it off and by tomorrow you have forgotten all about it. We will be ready to play Friday. Do we play Friday? "

Edited by brijames1957
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tomtom said:

This mess all goes back to the off season when instead of signing top line players to fill the holes (see Nick Castelanos), they go for bargain basement players praying they hit it big with them (see Josh Harrison).  It never works!  Throw in the disappointment of players they were counting on - Grandall, Moncada, etc…and injuries!  It’s a recipe for disaster!

Since the Grandal signing, they've absolutely given up on trying to improve the offense in any meaningful way. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

If the players aren’t producing how is that on LaRussa?  If you have answers let’s hear them 

The entire team has fallen off of a cliff offensively and defensively.  If that isn't on the manager,  there is no point in having one 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The entire team has fallen off of a cliff offensively and defensively.  If that isn't on the manager,  there is no point in having one 

When the manager can hit, pitch and field then I will agree. In our case we have too many injuries and several key players hitting in the dark. This is frustrating but we can still rebound 

2 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

If the players aren’t producing how is that on LaRussa?  If you have answers let’s hear them 

Not playing players that are not producing and hitting way below the Mendoza line on the top third of the lineup, to begin with.

7 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

I'm sure it is his job and the coaching staff's job to help them 'produce' and to try to motivate them. The players look bored, uninterested and aren't even going through the motions it is that bad.

At least a new manager might put a rocket up a few of them and actually pick a consistent line up (barring injuries) so that players might actually believe in the manager and know day to day where they might be fielding or where in the order they are batting. Then we will know if it is just the players.

• Like 1

If it were 2 or 3 guys underperforming, that’s on the players.

if it’s 2/3 (or more) of the offense underperforming, that’s on the coaches.

the team is far more talented than this. Coaches are paid to extract the most out of their players. Period.