White Sox @ Blue Jays 2:07 PM, Cueto (0-1, 2.41) vs. Manoah (5-1, 1.77)

hogan873

1 minute ago, White Sox Park said:

I seriously think that he's picking names out of a hat now.

As bad as everyone is playing, it really doesn't make a difference. They can't hit. It doesn't matter what number is on their back.

Just now, Texsox said:

As bad as everyone is playing, it really doesn't make a difference. They can't hit. It doesn't matter what number is on their back.

Couldn’t disagree more.  Batting Harrison second or Grandal leading off or Vaughn 7th is just idiotic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol you think he really needs to be told that? These guys are not idiots. 

Does anyone have a better idea?  How can Hahn trade him? 

Then again he bought James Shields off one of the most terrible starts ever so just needs to be another Hahn out there who believes that Moncada is just waiting to blossom in the right environment.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Couldn’t disagree more.  Batting Harrison second or Grandal leading off or Vaughn 7th is just idiotic.

To be replaced by someone else making the out. They aren't good enough to win games. 

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Sad our building block pitchers couldn't do what cueto is doing. 

Not going to bash them, as they’ve battled all year.  Giolito has not had his best stuff all year and still put up good numbers.  

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Does anyone have a better idea?  How can Hahn trade him? 

Then again he bought James Shields off one of the most terrible starts ever so just needs to be another Hahn out there who believes that Moncada is just waiting to blossom in the right environment.

Get away from Tony is the right environment. He's ruining careers. 

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Or like the Bulls with GarPax

Right, but at least Michael finally cut the cord and brought in AK and Donovan, which I think is going to lead to an impactful change (if it hasn't already)

I just don't see the same happening with Jerry still at the helm...

• Like 1

Just now, Texsox said:

To be replaced by someone else making the out. They aren't good enough to win games. 

I’d rather see Vaughn bat 3rd today and get two guys on instead of Yoan or Grandal, arguably the two worst players in baseball this year. 

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

These guys are about to lose 9 in a row, aren't they.....

I'm confident my third place prediction will come true. No way this franchise could make the playoffs three consecutive years. Twice a decade is an achievement. 

Just now, fathom said:

I’d rather see Vaughn bat 3rd today and get two guys on instead of Yoan or Grandal, arguably the two worst players in baseball this year. 

Or perhaps the first inning where the bases were loaded and Vaughn never came up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Right, but at least Michael finally cut the cord and brought in AK and Donovan, which I think is going to lead to an impactful change (if it hasn't already)

I just don't see the same happening with Jerry still at the helm...

Of course, which is why this organization is so screwed.  

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Sure. But they still lose. 

Just now, Texsox said:

I'm confident my third place prediction will come true. No way this franchise could make the playoffs three consecutive years. Twice a decade is an achievement. 

As bad as its been, I still don't see how this team can finish in third place in this division. If they finish third, there had better be someone losing their job at the end of the year. I dont even care who it is, but somebody needs to.

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

Tex, this is bad by you. The Sox had the bases loaded in the first and Grandal (.161 BA) ended up striking out with the bat still on his shoulder. 

Andrew Vaughn (.278 BA) never got a chance at the inning. That alone is unacceptable. 

• Like 2

Just now, T R U said:

As bad as its been, I still don't see how this team can finish in third place in this division. If they finish third, there had better be someone losing their job at the end of the year. I dont even care who it is, but somebody needs to.

Their run differential is so far behind Cleveland and Minnesota that it sure seems likely they will drop off the pace below them if they keep playing anything like this.

• Thanks 1