White Sox @ Blue Jays 2:07 PM, Cueto (0-1, 2.41) vs. Manoah (5-1, 1.77)

hogan873

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Im sure Stone is getting his Twitter ready to tell us how stupid we are for being upset at the club

Stone and Benetti are going to have a long season, since it's their job to put a positive spin on this train wreck.

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

There is a perfectly fine team just down the road from me in Houston. I've ignored them for 25 years. Why not enjoy life? Most of the board here wanted one of their people hired for manager so it's not like anyone really cares how they win. Plus they have changed. 

I got shredded for contemplating the same thing, but with the Cubs. I could enjoy a team with no expectations at a stadium a mile away from me. Sounds like a better deal than rooting for this team. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

There is a perfectly fine team just down the road from me in Houston. I've ignored them for 25 years. Why not enjoy life? Most of the board here wanted one of their people hired for manager so it's not like anyone really cares how they win. Plus they have changed. 

I usually draw the line at same league although did make a notable exception for Royals since lived there a decade and Sox were terrible then so didn't really matter.

6 minutes ago, Texsox said:

For the last few years, while the Sox were rebuilding, i would pick another team that i liked, to follow their playoff run . i never thought in a million years that i would have to do that THIS year.

Just now, reiks12 said:

People saying they will jump ship to another team wont and cant. It wont be the same. You know it, stop saying it. You will always be here. 

I generally agree. But here's the difference, I have to work at following this team. I plan part of my vacation to see games in person. I'm three hours away from Houston, my daughter and her family live there. I feel like I'm working harder at this team than half of the roster. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I generally agree. But here's the difference, I have to work at following this team. I plan part of my vacation to see games in person. I'm three hours away from Houston, my daughter and her family live there. I feel like I'm working harder at this team than half of the roster. 

See you tomorrow.

• Haha 1

Were Sox fans. It's in our DNA. Other than that glorious 2005 season it is our cross to bear.

Until JR is no longer the owner we have nothing but disappointment to look forward to with this team. 

The rebuild was officially DOA the day TLR was hired. Everyone laughed at the White Sox then and their really laughing now. 

One old man looking to atone for a past mistake by hiring another old man with a drinking problem. 

What could possibly go wrong with that?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

McGuire retains DH spot due to one hit and just barely over 200.

.202.  Sheets .203.

I don't know why Sheets is on the team honestly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pcq said:

I don't know why Sheets is on the team honestly. 

Shot at an MLB pension like his dad?

Lineup has six black holes and Pollock on the bench after recent string?  Yikes. Might as well be Mariners’ supporters (minus Kelenic fandom). 

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

And punting another “free” $1 million in draft money to allocate when Rodon rejected the QO… 

Yeah, but if he had accepted, then the Sox wouldn't have been able to set 20M on fire by signing Big Energy, VV, and Joe Kelly.

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s so strange, Jays have a good bullpen and don’t have to spend 50 million on it

Spend $50M on a bullpen that never gets used and fail to fix an offense that can't score more than 3 runs a game.  Brilliant team building.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

And punting another “free” $1 million in draft money to allocate when Rodon rejected the QO… 

I like the way you think

😉

It's pretty apparent that the FO brain trust thinks that the bullpen is where you find spending efficiencies. The same may be true with utility infielders.  They're out to lunch.

Edited by GreenSox