White Sox @ Blue Jays 2:07 PM, Cueto (0-1, 2.41) vs. Manoah (5-1, 1.77)

hogan873

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

So Pollock has 2 hits last night and sits? Take the Jack Daniels away from this Jabroni

"It's a long season.  AJ will play a lot.  Just trying to make sure he's not too tired for the plane ride home."

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

So many experts had us in ALCS minimum. EVERYONE is looking dumb now. 

If the Sox had nearly 100% health, they’d be in first place now. The problem is no team has 100% health, and they have a few veterans that are either playing hurt, or just suck now. Plus the coaching staff is bad, and there is no depth…that’s on ownership and the front office. We root for a bad organization. That’s all there is to it. Everything has to go right for this team to make a World Series, and since it won’t happen, Reinsdorf has seen his last baseball team win a championship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

"It's a long season.  AJ will play a lot.  Just trying to make sure he's not too tired for the plane ride home."

Yeah how dare me question the ol Hall of Famer...

Maybe we'll all look back at this thread at 6:00 and laugh because the Sox pulled out a win.  I highly doubt it, and I'm glad I'm at work so I don't have to watch the game.

This is so depressing because I was really looking forward to this season.  I couldn't wait to settle down at night at watch my favorite team.  I've since turned off more games than I've watched all the way through...by a large margin.  And I'm less and less enthused about this team every day.

• Like 1

The sox have a catcher in charlotte whose bat has been so good the last two years he is their DH when not catching.

Anyway this was the stretch I was worried about. The hitting hasn't become great, and at some point the pitching wouldn't be excellent and we'd lose a lot of games and the "well at least we are .500" would be "we are 10 games under .500 on july 1".

Just a really bad year so far.

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

If the Sox had nearly 100% health, they’d be in first place now. The problem is no team has 100% health, and they have a few veterans that are either playing hurt, or just suck now. Plus the coaching staff is bad, and there is no depth…that’s on ownership and the front office. We root for a bad organization. That’s all there is to it. Everything has to go right for this team to make a World Series, and since it won’t happen, Reinsdorf has seen his last baseball team win a championship.

What makes you so sure of this?

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

Maybe we'll all look back at this thread at 6:00 and laugh because the Sox pulled out a win.  I highly doubt it, and I'm glad I'm at work so I don't have to watch the game.

This is so depressing because I was really looking forward to this season.  I couldn't wait to settle down at night at watch my favorite team.  I've since turned off more games than I've watched all the way through...by a large margin.  And I'm less and less enthused about this team every day.

yeah this has felt so much like 2015 to me. Just unwatchable. And as I pointed out a few weeks ago that team actually hovered close to competitiveness until june before a long losing streak.

Everything is a single. Every homer is solo. Everything is difficult. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

yeah this has felt so much like 2015 to me. Just unwatchable. And as I pointed out a few weeks ago that team actually hovered close to competitiveness until june before a long losing streak.

Everything is a single. Every homer is solo. Everything is difficult. 

At least you had second year Abreu.  But then LaRoche Cabrera Shark underachieving. 

Back then, we still had pretty big hopes for Avisail Garcia.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

At least you had second year Abreu.  But then LaRoche Cabrera Shark underachieving. 

Back then, we still had pretty big hopes for Avisail Garcia.

Are you arguing 2015 was better than this? It wasn't.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Reece McGuire DH'ing and Leury leading off is pretty hilarious. 

SOmeone will have to tell me why it's not Luis 1, Vaughn 2... 

Vaughn and Moncada have 5 of the 6 hits against Manoah.  Why you would actually want to Leury to get an extra at bat late in the game instead inexplicable.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Reece McGuire DH'ing and Leury leading off is pretty hilarious. 

SOmeone will have to tell me why it's not Luis 1, Vaughn 2... 

It's fucking mind boggling.

• Thanks 2

I mean even Jerry had to be looking at this 21-25 window as huge opportunity to make $ and increase the value of the franchise before he passes away.  The payroll is the highest its ever been in team history; he didn't do that to sport a .500 club.  He also didn't get to where he is in life being a fucking idiot.

I just cannot for the life of me fathom that the folks in charge of this operation are OK with what is going on.  How in the flying fuck do you allow this to continue to happen?  Its all so mind boggling. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Are you arguing 2015 was better than this? It wasn't.

I would still rather have Ventura pre clubhouse falling apart than TLR.

That said if 2015-16 completely collapsed no Shields trade and things might have been better than where the Sox  find themselves standing now.

We can't even succeed at failing well.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean even Jerry had to be looking at this 21-25 window as huge opportunity to make $ and increase the value of the franchise before he passes away.  The payroll is the highest its ever been in team history; he didn't do that to sport a .500 club.  He also didn't get to where he is in life being a fucking idiot.

I just cannot for the life of me fathom that the folks in charge of this operation are OK with what is going on.  How in the flying fuck do you allow this to continue to happen?  Its all so mind boggling. 

Firing TLR is an admission of failure and also repeating the exact same "mistake" he was trying to undo in the first place.

Tony's feelings might never recover.

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Firing TLR is an admission of failure and also repeating the exact same "mistake" he was trying to undo in the first place.

Yeah, its insane if that is actually what is stopping them from making a change.  But sadly, it probably is. 

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Bring in a PTSD expert to counsel him.

Better than half the fanbase needing clinical treatment.

Pretty soon we will have these goofy fan lawsuits about the quality of the product on the field being deceptive/misleading marketing.

47 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It's all this idiotic LHB vs RHP.

Weren't we worst in majors over a century in that stat recently?

Mendick, Engel and Burger all have better OPS vs RHP than McGuire (and Garcia) this season. Mendick also better than Sheets.

It's pretty clear at this point that TLR is not looking at data when making lineups. Not even a little bit.

• Like 2