GT 6/3: SOX @ TB, 6:10 PM CDT, NBCSC

Can someone tell me why Adam Haseley isn't on this team instead of Sheets, or Harrison?  He's an actual outfielder and he's left handed.  I didn't realize he's two years younger than Vaughn so maybe that's the reason, but the dude hit MLB pitching with the Phillies and seems to be carrying his own in Charlotte.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Can someone tell me why Adam Haseley isn't on this team instead of Sheets, or Harrison?  He's an actual outfielder and he's left handed.  I didn't realize he's two years younger than Vaughn so maybe that's the reason, but the dude hit MLB pitching with the Phillies and seems to be carrying his own in Charlotte.

Feels like that move is roughly 7-10 days away.  Might already be too late. Could be looking at a low-key but potentially impactful trade for someone like Tyler Naquin first.

4 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

He's not exactly lighting Charlotte on fire, but yeah, fuck it. He's hitting for more power than he ever has before and like you said, an actual outfielder. Also, he's two years older, not younger, than Vaughn.

Meanwhile, Sheets needs to go down to Charlotte to find his swing again.

• Like 2

Just now, Quin said:

He's not exactly lighting Charlotte on fire, but yeah, fuck it. He's hitting for more power than he ever has before and like you said, an actual outfielder. Also, he's two years older, not younger, than Vaughn.

Meanwhile, Sheets needs to go down to Charlotte to find his swing again.

Thanks, being 2 years older makes sense since he's been in the bigs before.  Never was good at Math.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

No you're not stupid, it's the manager who is stupid besides being moronic, idiotic and brain dead.

Worst in baseball. It's probably too late to fire him to save this season. 

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

This is where Rick Hahn's ineptitude comes into play. 

There is no reason why Harrison hasn't been DFAd by now.  There is no reason why Sheets hasn't been swapped out my someone else.   There is no reason why Carlos Perez isn't up here.  There is no reason why Yolbert Sanchez isn't here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Because the entire organization can't evaluate talent. Meanwhile today teams like the Astros keep locking up their top young players to five and six year contracts. 

This game will be unwatchable by the third inning. The Rays haven't been hitting, we counter with an emergency arm. We haven't been hitting, they counter with a Cy Young candidate. 

Start drink early. 

Even when Tony is almost right he pisses me off. Here in a game we have zero chance of winning he puts out a decent lineup. Games we might actually win, he puts out crap lineups. I must have missed that in old school baseball 101. Not since Ozzie have I seen a manager trying to lose games. 

59 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Because the entire organization can't evaluate talent. Meanwhile today teams like the Astros keep locking up their top young players to five and six year contracts. 

This game will be unwatchable by the third inning. The Rays haven't been hitting, we counter with an emergency arm. We haven't been hitting, they counter with a Cy Young candidate. 

Start drink early. 

Hey, we extended Moncada, Eloy, Robert.

All 3 often injured, only 1 of them has the potential to be an elite ML player at this point.

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Start drink early. 

But the Twins are starting the equivalent of Martin(i), lol.

At least be the Rangers, Martin Perez has been best acquisition, Semien the worst and Seager right there squarely in the middle simply based on how much money they committed.

If they only could manage that average success rate, they would be in 1st place right now.

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

We getting shut out tonight?

Rays' announcers questioning if there is any way for McClanahan to get better...although he did somewhat struggle with the Yankees. No major damage other than a Torres Homer.

"Days you're really surprised when hitters make contact at all."