6/4/22 Sox @ Rays, 3:10 pm

Alright boys, we’re coming off four straight losses and currently sit six games back of the Twins for the division lead.  To say winning this game is important is the understatement of the century.  Time to right the fucking ship and that all starts with a quality Cease start.  I’m expecting seven innings of one run ball from Dylan today.  That should hopefully give us a great chance of winning despite a shit offense and horrible manager.  When it’s all said and done, I think the Sox win this one 3-1.

Let’s fucking go!

• Like 2

This team is quickly putting themselves in the position where they will have to do well against the Twins in their head to head matchups to make up ground.  They have 16 games left against Minnesota so it's possible but they can't let them get too much more of a lead imo.

Every time I see Yaz’s slash line it defies belief.

This is Konerko 03 first half territory. There are probably hundreds of baseball players that could have outperformed his hitting in the minors.

Anyway I don’t think we end June with any illusions of coming back. The pitching is regressing and the hitting has not. 

This team has all the 2015 vibes and I have never experienced a Sox team take off in the second half like the 83 team. June is always the deciding month.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

This team is quickly putting themselves in the position where they will have to do well against the Twins in their head to head matchups to make up ground.  They have 16 games left against Minnesota so it's possible but they can't let them get too much more of a lead imo.

i appreciate the optimism, but this team hasn't shown any signs of life after the first week of the season.  Their run differential indicates that they're probably worse than their record.  I get it, Moncada won't stay this bad, Abreu's starting to hit etc.  But I have a hard time believing the light's suddenly gonna turn on and they start playing .600 ball.  I think they're sellers at the deadline, and by July 4th, they need to start thinking about reshaping for 2023.

24 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

i appreciate the optimism, but this team hasn't shown any signs of life after the first week of the season.  Their run differential indicates that they're probably worse than their record.  I get it, Moncada won't stay this bad, Abreu's starting to hit etc.  But I have a hard time believing the light's suddenly gonna turn on and they start playing .600 ball.  I think they're sellers at the deadline, and by July 4th, they need to start thinking about reshaping for 2023.

I appreciate you thinking I'm an optimist.....just hopeful I guess...but mostly becoming comfortably numb when it comes to this season's White Sox 

I keep hoping the White Sox turn things around but so far it ain't happening. There is still plenty of baseball to be played but it doesn't appear there is much light in the tunnel at the moment. With that said, a win today would certainly be a step in the right direction. This team could catch lightning in a bottle and take charge by playing solid and inspiring baseball these next few weeks so I'm not throwing in the towel just yet on this season. 

4 hours ago, wegner said:

No more punted games and minimal resting until we right the ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Grandal at DH. The default now is to shove every LH hitter into the lineup vs RHP, no matter how bad they are.

Engel and Burger have hit RH far, far better than McGuire, Moncada and Grandal but not in lineup

TLR never adjusts.  Matchups lefty- righty trumps everything including lefty hitting .150.

• Like 1