6/4/22 Sox @ Rays, 3:10 pm

Just now, chetkincaid said:

The bad thing about Moncada is you’d be selling low if you were to trade him right now. If he gets hot again I’d trade him immediately. He’s too big of an injury risk. 

I would trade him in a heartbeat for very little if someone takes on that huge contract 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

it's a miracle he's ever been good given how little he tries and all of the ability he's apparently lost

Not the first guy to pack it in after getting a huge deal.  If he was on another team, I’d say he stopped “training” hard.

Just now, fathom said:

Not the first guy to pack it in after getting a huge deal.  If he was on another team, I’d say he stopped “training” hard.

He probably would have lead the AL in OBP last year instead of finishing 3rd if he actually cared about the game

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

This series with the Dodgers is going to go about as well as the Red Sox home series.

Might have more LAD fans in the stands cheering, too.

I'd like to see about 12,000 fans in the stadium. Maybe the ownership group would begin to take notice.

Just now, Saufley said:

I'd like to see about 12,000 fans in the stadium. Maybe the ownership group would begin to take notice.

Nah, they’d say the fans are ungrateful and then blame the fans when they slash payroll

• Haha 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, Saufley said:

Less, if possible. I'd say fans should boo TLR whenever he shows his face, but he doesn't wake up to come out of the dugout very often. Last game I was at, he was getting booed and heckled quite a bit. And the Sox weren't nearly as lifeless as they are now. 

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s sad the Cubs, who aren’t even trying to contend, compete so much harder than the Sox and have a better bullpen despite not paying much.

I enjoyed watching our dugout when everyone was joking around and having fun. It now looks like a wake.

• Like 1

Just now, Saufley said:

The main hope to me is they have to renegotiate their 5 year local media rights extension soon and a tear down would tank that value...granted the Cubs and Marquee in the same situation.

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Maybe, just maybe, guys don't want to play for TLR, and it's reflected in their play? This happens in ALL sports. They've clearly quit on their coach. 

Bingo. They'll destroy their careers in the process, but it's worth it.

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

Bingo. They'll destroy their careers in the process, but it's worth it.

Not a chance.  Moncada and Jimenez will be fine.  Grandal not so much.

He will be convinced by a better orgsnization DHing will prolong his career/health.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Maybe, just maybe, guys don't want to play for TLR, and it's reflected in their play? This happens in ALL sports. They've clearly quit on their coach. 

Yeah and this is not about needing a rah rah guy or something. This is about not having to deal with your boss‘ bullshit every day.

• Thanks 2