6/4 Games

BamaDoc

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

To be fair, I believe Morel was repeating AA.

And Sosa basically has no track record of being good prior to this, so I would worry about how much jumping him up too quickly might stunt his development. It's definitely not a perfect comparison, you're right.

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I tweeted this but Lenyn Sosa is giving me Marcus Semien vibes 

Semien is one of my favorite Sox prospects of all time.  I can see the similarity.  Both play 3 positions. Both have good bat to ball skills. Semien was Southern League MVP and Sosa is trending that way. One difference, and this surprises me, Sosa is walking more.

3 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

And Sosa basically has no track record of being good prior to this, so I would worry about how much jumping him up too quickly might stunt his development. It's definitely not a perfect comparison, you're right.

I disagree. While he has broken out this season and is really mashing, If you look at his past performance he has always held his own at every level while being younger than the competition.  
Playing well against older competition tends to bode well for future success. 

that being said, what he’s been able to do so far as a 22year old in Birmingham has been special. 

Edited by bighurt4life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1