It's a Journey - We remember 2005

Texsox

3 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

French Post-Modern philosophy much? Or just some good old fashioned 'To be or not to be?'
I really like my coffee. My cat too - even when she walks across the keyboard ad56sckjb$^%#&dfbHUL--.=-fgn\0432W.................!....

It fits, many posters here want to deconstruct this team. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

and they will not be the next 85 bears.  Neither will the cubs of 16.  The 85 bears were and are a monolith in Chicago, different era in sports and the city.  There will never be something quite like that, even though the cubs came close.  

Visited relatives in Chicago in cold late March 1986. I was wearing my brown leather bomber jacket as we made a family get-together at the Ballpark 
Inn where *everyone* was wearing black leather jackets/surcoats/coats. When finally seated one of my aunts asked me, "OK, so what's up with the brown leather? You were born in Chicago for cryin' out loud. This is Bear-Ditka season."
I think everyone made an exception of me, in a good way. The brown sheep of the family.

Edited by FoxForce2

The team I'm doing the comparison to is the Tony La Russa-managed 1983 "Winnin' Ugly" team. That team was five games under .500 for April and May (20-25), then went 79-38 for 99 total wins and the AL West title. After 52 games played, that '83 team was 25-27, the same record the 2022 version has now. Perhaps Rick Hahn makes a swap for someone like Julio Cruz, who provided a needed spark that year. I hope so.

18 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The 2005 world series win is about as real as the 2020 presidential election results

Both things happened, one was closer than the other. Just like the 2004 World Series winner and 2016 presidential election winner won.

6 hours ago, buckweaver said:

The team I'm doing the comparison to is the Tony La Russa-managed 1983 "Winnin' Ugly" team. That team was five games under .500 for April and May (20-25), then went 79-38 for 99 total wins and the AL West title. After 52 games played, that '83 team was 25-27, the same record the 2022 version has now. Perhaps Rick Hahn makes a swap for someone like Julio Cruz, who provided a needed spark that year. I hope so.

Interesting. Didn’t realize the ‘83 team started that slow.