Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Texsox

It's a Journey - We remember 2005

Recommended Posts

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2005 we were literally in first place from Day 1.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is a journey I think the satnav is broken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't stop believin does not describe the current situation. We need a reason to START believin.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

2005 we were literally in first place from Day 1.

Great times. I do remember.

Remember those first couple of series this year? Our optimism was in place. Then our innocence was robbed by an old man and father time. The mask was ripped off to reveal the hideous face of the franchise. 

Moving forward there may be a couple highlights, a false sense of finally "putting it together", but, in the end, other teams will be playing in October. After the World Series there will be a melancholy retirement ceremony for Tony. By then fans will have run out of energy to cheer his departure. A shuffling of a couple coaches, perhaps a lawsuit will be settled. Some aging players will be signed. Big contracts will be traded. 

It's over. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2005 Sox compared to this 2022 Sox team is comparing apples to oranges...and just plain silly and dumb. That 2005 team was good from the start and stayed that way the entire season...until only a late season little losing streak, but recovered nicely to win the division soundly by 6 games and win 99 games. That team was way better in pitching, hitting and fielding. 

I'll start believing when they give me solid and consistent reasons they are a bona fide playoff team. They have the talent and potential, but you don't make the playoffs or win a WS based on potential! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it really a journey if the ship is rudderless?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Is it really a journey if the ship is rudderless?

Great point! It's not...unless you define the team rudders as TLR and Menechino! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Is it really a journey if the ship is rudderless?

Call me Ismael Tony. Some years ago - never mind how long precisely - having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me, I thought I would return and manage the White Sox . . .

. . . then all collapsed, and the great shroud of the sea rolled on as it rolled five thousand years ago.

@caulfield12 Let's play Tony in  literature. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Call me Ismael Tony. Some years ago - never mind how long precisely - having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me, I thought I would return and manage the White Sox . . .

. . . then all collapsed, and the great shroud of the sea rolled on as it rolled five thousand years ago.

@caulfield12 Let's play Tony in  literature. 

Going with Dante’s Inferno, The Metamorphosis, Don Quixote or Moby Dick.

Infinite Jest for apt title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Going with Dante’s Inferno, The Metamorphosis, Don Quixote or Moby Dick.

Infinite Jest for apt title.

Obviously Moby Dick was the first one I thought of. But Tony as Creon from Antigone also fits. He takes out his whole family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't want to hear about 2005 anymore. It was 17 years ago, old news. 

Let's not turn the 2005 Sox into the 1985 Bears. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't want to hear about 2005 anymore. It was 17 years ago, old news. 

Let's not turn the 2005 Sox into the 1985 Bears. 

Thread title has 2005 in it. You clicked and replied. Now you're reading about 2005 again. :gosox1:

  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't Don't Stop Believin' on the jukebox when Tony Soprano flashed to black?

  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't want to hear about 2005 anymore. It was 17 years ago, old news. 

Let's not turn the 2005 Sox into the 1985 Bears. 

'85 Bears Defense still a solid describer of NFL/CFB defenses.
"Well they're not the '85 Bears, but they're still really good."

2005 Sox, not so much. Around the country, the Sox were considered something of a fluke. They weren't, but that was a general impression.

Edited by FoxForce2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't want to hear about 2005 anymore. It was 17 years ago, old news. 

Let's not turn the 2005 Sox into the 1985 Bears. 

Yes, lets not talk about one of the best teams ever.  It's bad enough the main sports outlets ignore the Sox, but coming from a fan, holy hell.  The team was in first place wire to wire and was the best post season team, arguably, in the modern era.  Had four, FOUR complete games in a row in the post season.  Something that won't ever be done again.  Ever.  But yea, tell me more how we should forget about that team.  How about you forget about the Sox entirely instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FoxForce2 said:

'85 Bears Defense still a solid describer of NFL/CFB defenses.
"Well they're not the '85 Bears, but they're still really good."

2005 Sox, not so much. Around the country, the Sox were considered something of a fluke. They weren't, but that was a general impression.

That Bears team outscored their postseason opponents something like 93-10. The Sox going 11-1 in their postseason is probably equally impressive. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What I wrote here has been quoted. I wish I kept it to myself. Sorry. It was inappropriate and wrong for me to write this stuff. 

Sorry for ever doing it. 

 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The 2005 team feels fake, undeserving and completely forgettable. They did not age well. More of a footnote in baseball history than anything else. Completely meh as far as Title winners go. Completely understandable why every baseball fan outside of Chicago forgets they exist. 

They're the 1978-79 Sonics of Baseball. 

 

This post is really bad. Come on buddy, you’re better than this.

  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fathom said:

This post is really bad. Come on buddy, you’re better than this.

he is?

  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The 2005 team feels fake, undeserving and completely forgettable. They did not age well. More of a footnote in baseball history than anything else. Completely meh as far as Title winners go. Completely understandable why every baseball fan outside of Chicago forgets they exist. 

They're the 1978-79 Sonics of Baseball. 

 

:lolhitting This may be your best post ever. :notworthy

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Texsox said:

:lolhitting This may be your best post ever. :notworthy

Idk. The more time that goes by, the less I appreciate them. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×