GT 6-4: Dodgers @ Sox (7:10pm)

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

And if my sarcasm wasn’t clear, Menechino should relieved of his duties ASAP.  When the vast majority of your offense is underperforming it’s time for a change.

I don't think he's telling guys to swing at garbage, sell out for contact at all costs, and pound the ball directly into the ground, but... it's obvious he can't help fix what's ailing all of the underperforming hitters. That should be enough of a reason to fire him at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I don't think he's telling guys to swing at garbage, sell out for contact at all costs, and pound the ball directly into the ground, but... it's obvious he can't help fix what's ailing all of the underperforming hitters. That should be enough of a reason to fire him at this point.

i mean it's pretty straightforward: you can't fire 25 players, or 26 or whatever, so you fire the coach in hopes it resonates a bit that nobody is performing up to snuff and sometimes just a player feeling that pressure is enough to jumpstart a bad season. it's a long shot but it's one worth trying.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

The Dodgers will figure MK out enough to scratch out a couple of runs through 6.

White Mitch Cy Young will be at 60 pitches through 6 with one hit given up. 

We just don’t work counts or take walks, allowing opposing SP work deep into games.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

You’re probably right, although I thought I recall him being a “sellout power for batting average” type of of hitting coach.  Wasn’t he once quoted as saying as much?  Just seeing a team wide launch angle decrease and groundball increase tells me some of this is coaching related even if the players are primarily to blame.  To your point, whatever he’s doing isn’t working and that alone warrants a change.

• Like 1