GT 6-4: Dodgers @ Sox (7:10pm)

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sheets running into robert. Jfc. Why does sheets keep starting in rf

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sheets running into robert. Jfc. Why does sheets keep starting in rf

Because he is lefty and TLR must have his matchups against righties.

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Pollock has been an excellent player when healthy, I will still defend that move. The other two not so much

just moreso referring to the how that process of finding a RF went down. Well, I guess that was gavin sheets according to TLR. FML.

Just now, Heads22 said:

He's a below average utility player that we knew would be overexposed yet chose to retain him for three years competing against no one

He’s not below average as a utility player given the number of positions that he can play and play well adequately defensively, and he has speed offensively.  

He’s only overexposed when he’s forced to start as much as he has.  Forget the injuries:  he’s overexposed partly because this front office failed to solve the second base issue over the offseason, and now Leury starts far more than he should.  

1 minute ago, Thad Bosley said:

He’s not below average as a utility player given the number of positions that he can play and play well adequately defensively, and he has speed offensively.  

He’s only overexposed when he’s forced to start as much as he has.  Forget the injuries:  he’s overexposed partly because this front office failed to solve the second base issue over the offseason, and now Leury starts far more than he should.  

He was always going to play a ton of games

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Juan Soto‘s OBP last year was better than Leury‘s OPS this year. That’s a special case of awfulness 

Moncada has been worse than Leury. 

It's hard to win when two players you were counting on have been historically bad. 

I mean, Grandal/Leury/Moncada have been worse than Dunn in 2011. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Moncada and Grandal should bat 7 and 8 and Garcia should never be above 9. 

It’s so simple.  Just put the guys struggling at the bottom. Earn your way back up.  Like what the hell other kind of sane opinion is there

• Like 1

Just now, ScooterMcGuire said:

This team is right back to where it was 4 games ago...

Yeah cause baseball genius TLR decided to reshuffle the lineup that was actually working.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

Cueto has been exactly what he needs to be.  Another quality start, giving up a few runs.  But once again no offensive support.

The lineup was not conducive to put a rally together with three guys hitting below the Mendoza line in the first 5 spots, where we should have had our best hitters.  F*uk the matchups, just play our best guys regardless.

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

It’s so simple.  Just put the guys struggling at the bottom. Earn your way back up.  Like what the hell other kind of sane opinion is there

I think they should just IL both guys until the ASB and give them a physical and mental break. 

6 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Cueto has been exactly what he needs to be.  Another quality start, giving up a few runs.  But once again no offensive support.

I'd say it's offensive.

But yes - another solid outing by Cueto, all things considered. If we can get 6 innings / 3ER out of him every 5 days, I'd be thrilled.

3 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

He was always going to play a ton of games

The problem today is that he should not be hitting lead off.  Mendick has been doing well.  But TLR preferred a crappy switch hitter to a righty who has been hitting well because of the match up obsession.  Also no way Grandal should have hitting 5 th.  This game could have been tied with a better lineup construction.  It is still a winnable game, but is ever easy with TLR in command.