GT 6-4: Dodgers @ Sox (7:10pm)

Are you guys willing to accept that there was never a window at this point? I think I'm there. 

I'd fire Hahn and just blow it up at this point. 

None of the underperforming guys are showing any signs of getting out of it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Are you guys willing to accept that there was never a window at this point? I think I'm there. 

They were absolutely in contention last year until the team just lost their focus the last 40 games

51 minutes ago, fathom said:

Agreed, but it’s not exactly a solution to the problem.  It’s one of the few spots where they can legitimately try to push someone aside and upgrade.  We know they won’t do that with Grancada.

If you don't try it you never find out if it's a solution. I mean at this point it's either push Moncada to 2nd base or bring up Yolbert. It's not like Harrison's -.3 WAR is helping win any games.

I'll also add that the real solution could be Sosa and moving Yolbert up gets Sosa to AAA. Sosa has a better chance to make an impact since he hits for good power and Sanchez doesn't ,if he can adjust quickly put up good numbers at Charlotte. Sanchez has a good eye so if the contact is soft he could be just getting some 2 strike hits much the same way Madrigal did while still taking his share of walks.

Sosa has better numbers at Birmingham than Robert did in slightly more plate appearances.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

No, that window included the last two years.

Really hard to envision so many guys having career worst years as well

If Lynn doesn't return to form you have the Grandal and Lynn salaries really weighing on payroll...and missed your opportunity to trade Lynn as well.

Then Moncada and Jimenez, not to mention IL Kelly.  Pollock's player option, etc.  Abreu can't possibly return...maybe he asks to be traded to a contender in the weeks to come.

It's basically a tsunami of issues with no payroll flexibility or minor league Top 100 guys even if you wanted to throw them into the flames.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

No, that window included the last two years.

Really hard to envision so many guys having career worst years as well

They were never good enough to win a championship the last two years. They were good, but not good enough. 

In fact, I think they only made the playoffs in 2021 because Minny and Cleveland had bad years. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

They were never good enough to win a championship the last two years. They were good, but not good enough. 

If only we could pinpoint some possible change before the 2021 season that may have made an appreciable difference

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If you don't try it you never find out if it's a solution. I mean at this point it's either push Moncada to 2nd base or bring up Yolbert. It's not like Harrison's -.3 WAR is helping win any games.

The strange thing is the team is well below .500 with him not starting and a handful over with him.  And tonight is another example.  Guess that's also on Leary who always plays when Harrison doesn't.