Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chicago White Sox

GT 6-4: Dodgers @ Sox (7:10pm)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Dave says Hahn was forced to sign Leury, basically. Not that this is surprising. 

 

We now go to a live look at White Sox Dave:

024d204b205a4dc55e60217a7f19c67b.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brijames1957 said:

Seriously what does it hurt to give Sanchez a look? He can't be any worse than what is being run out there right now and he might be better. I know the Sox are dragging their feet because they are only 5GB and they figure there is a long way to go. But that 5GB can turn in to 10GB in a real hurry. 

I honestly wonder if TLR is straight up calling shots, and he doesn't want to drop Harrison yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tony said:

We now go to a live look at White Sox Dave:

024d204b205a4dc55e60217a7f19c67b.gif

Is he a Hahn shill? I don't read much of his stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ron883 said:

I'd love to see a brash crew basically laugh at Tony and clown him on television for this type of stuff. They were pretty blunt here, though. 

Tony is the least of their problems right now, and I can't stand him. This is 100% on the players not performing. 

Nobody saw them being this bad. 

Still not good enough to sniff a championship, but I still thought they'd win the division and get pantsed in the playoffs. 

One tier below Championship level, at their best. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

He is ruining his legacy. Becoming a cartoon character. Should resign for his own good and the good of the team.

I forget who it was, maybe Heyman? But when TLR came back to the Sox, he was upset because he voted for him for the HoF but thought his career as a manager was over, and didn't feel like it was right for him to come back, because the story isn't finished yet. Everyone thought it was such a goofy take, and I also don't take the HoF that seriously.....but after what we've seen the last 1.5 years....he was right. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rick Hahn can take solace carrying around his security blanket (the division) all he wants. His attitude really sucks right now. He should be ripping things off the hallway walls and inappropriately cursing out office staff instead of talking to the media like he is on lithium.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Is he a Hahn shill? I don't read much of his stuff. 

Big time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Dave says Hahn was forced to sign Leury, basically. Not that this is surprising. 

 

I heard Leury makes a really good Tom Collins, invaluable in Tony‘s clubhouse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Anyone else disappointed in Robert? 

I just looked him up, and he's hitting .272/.300/.400 against RHP with a 104 wRC+

He can still get better, but he's just okay at this point, nothing special. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Is he a Hahn shill? I don't read much of his stuff. 

I like WSD, I get his shtick and he's in the perfect spot. Large props go out to him for what he's done. 

But he's gotten access to Hahn and others with the Sox because of tweets like that. He'll backtrack and say "No way I've been super critical of Hahn" but he's the same guy posting the Vince McMahon/Hahn GIFS anytime he makes a move and has a blog ready to go at will titled "DID HAHN DO IT AGAIN OR DID HAHN DO IT AGAIN!" 

I get it, too. It's not like he's writing for the Sun-Times. But I just don't think he's being totally forthcoming because of his "good" standing with the FO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fathom said:

His production has been very blah at Charlotte.  I mentioned earlier, but I’m more interested in a real upgrade.  Also, I’m one of the few on here that have talked to people that have seen Yolbert actually play and the reports were that he makes a lot of soft contact and didn’t necessarily look like a major leaguer.

That’s the basic description of a number of regulars on this team. Seriously, it can’t be worse than this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Is he a Hahn shill? I don't read much of his stuff. 

You get the idea...

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The absurdity of someone claiming that the GM of any team would have been forced by the deep state to sign Leury Garcia……

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW I think the wheels are about to come off for Giolito. He has a 1.41 WHIP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if Hahn was forced to sign Leury, why did it have to be a three year commitment?  There was zero chance any other club would give him that contract.  Can’t blame Tony for that, especially when that deal runs longer than Tony’s contract.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack Parkman said:

BTW I think the wheels are about to come off for Giolito. He has a 1.41 WHIP. 

Pretty sure you say this at least once every year

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much for Leury “feeling good at the plate” huh Tony?  GTFO…

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Even if Hahn was forced to sign Leury, why did it have to be a three year commitment?  There was zero chance any other club would give him that contract.  Can’t blame Tony for that, especially when that deal runs longer than Tony’s contract.

Hahn is basically Ryan Pace at this point. Desperately clinging to his body of work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

 

 

They couldn’t even finish the bit about the stupidity of Leury batting leadoff because another Sox hitter grounded out too quickly.

If that’s not a microcosm for this season…

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Tony said:

I like WSD, I get his shtick and he's in the perfect spot. Large props go out to him for what he's done. 

But he's gotten access to Hahn and others with the Sox because of tweets like that. He'll backtrack and say "No way I've been super critical of Hahn" but he's the same guy posting the Vince McMahon/Hahn GIFS anytime he makes a move and has a blog ready to go at will titled "DID HAHN DO IT AGAIN OR DID HAHN DO IT AGAIN!" 

I get it, too. It's not like he's writing for the Sun-Times. But I just don't think he's being totally forthcoming because of his "good" standing with the FO. 

WSD was in Indiana today interviewing Hawk.  Considering Hawk and Tony's history, I would not be the least bit surprised if Hawk spilled several beans (off record).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brijames1957 said:

Moncada doesn't love the game. He isn't driven to be a great player. He is set for life financially at a very young age. He has no incentive to improve.

How do we know this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

So much for Leury “feeling good at the plate” huh Tony?  GTFO…

I kind of feel for him. He's getting booed in part because Tony keeps batting him high.  If he's batting ninth he wont be getting booed. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fathom said:

Amazing how much people still defend him

I can't believe he's actually this bad at baseball. 

Averaged over 4 WAR/162 over the last 3 seasons. 

He has to be playing very injured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ron883 said:

I'd love to see a brash crew basically laugh at Tony and clown him on television for this type of stuff. They were pretty blunt here, though. 

Harry & Jimmy used to do it back in the day.  In fact, Jimmy got fired from his post game show gig for criticizing LaRussa after a loss.

LaRussa sucked when he was managing the Sox in the '80s and he's even worse now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

BTW I think the wheels are about to come off for Giolito. He has a 1.41 WHIP. 

If Lynn is 'right' upon his return, Gio slots in a our #4 starter (if stack ranked according to who you'd want in a must win). I do tend to agree that he hardly looks like an ace and I'm not convinced his short-arm delivery is very effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×