6/9 GT: LAD @ Sox 1:10pm (Cease vs. Anderson)

ChiSox59

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Hopefully Tony tries to win today.  

Los Angeles Dodgers' Tyler Anderson became the first pitcher in MLB's modern era to go 7-0 with six walks or fewer in his first 10 outings.

The unbeaten Anderson extended his scoreless streak to 26 innings and became the first National League pitcher with seven wins as the Dodgers defeated the New York Mets 6-1 on Friday night.

“He was just once again so consistent. He made pitches when he needed to and kept guys off balance. Just another outstanding outing,” manager Dave Roberts.

Anderson is with his fifth team since 2019. The 32-year-old lefty came into the season with a 34-38 career record and 4.53 ERA, but has found his stride with the Dodgers.

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2022/06/04/anderson-extends-shutout-streak-dodgers-defeat-mets-6-1/

Edited by caulfield12

10 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Holy F the best lineup of the year?

It’s a fine lineup but anything that has Danny Mendick batting lead off is hard for me to call the best lineup of the year. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

It’s a fine lineup but anything that has Danny Mendick batting lead off is hard for me to call the best lineup of the year. 

It's been a rough year. 

This will be one of those games where the pitcher never has to deviate from his spot and mows everyone down as the entire lineup is left handed.  

Why did McGuire not play yesterday or today? 

Edited by Harry Chappas

1 minute ago, superchops70 said:

I like the lineup though I’d be willing to try Moncada at second base

In my opinion, I think you need to put Moncada at 2B just to keep Burger in the lineup. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

In my opinion, I think you need to put Moncada at 2B just to keep Burger in the lineup. 

Sox defense already sucks.  Further downgrading 2 defensive positions isn't the answer to what ails the Sox.  

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sox defense already sucks.  Further downgrading 2 defensive positions isn't the answer to what ails the Sox.  

The answer to what ails the Sox is to cut bait with half the starting team, since that isn't going to happen, I'd opt for the best possible offensive lineup and sacrifice some defense to try and right the ship at the plate. Sucks that so many guys are having terrible offensive years, but I want to get the best bats in there for the time being.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If Moncada sucks that bad on defense at 2B then there's really no room for him on this roster because he sure shouldn't be starting at 3B ahead of Burger right now.  Let him play 2B until if/when he gets his hitting back on track.  Then if Burger begins to falter you can always move Moncada back to 3B.  If his defense is so bad at 2B that he's costing games send him down to get his act together at Charlotte.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flavum said:

Robert and Abreu homer. Cease somehow gets through 6 under 100 pitches. Sox win 4-2.

Our power outage is worrisome. Our leading home run hitter is Abreu with 7.  Burger is coming on , we need him in the lineup everyday.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

The answer to what ails the Sox is to cut bait with half the starting team, since that isn't going to happen, I'd opt for the best possible offensive lineup and sacrifice some defense to try and right the ship at the plate. Sucks that so many guys are having terrible offensive years, but I want to get the best bats in there for the time being.

If you leave Burger at 3B where his defense hasn't been bad, let Vaughn and Abreu alternate at 1B/DH, and keep real outfielders Pollock and Engel in the OF corners, you have a decent defensive team and the best offensive lineup you can play at this moment.

• Thanks 1