6/9 GT: LAD @ Sox 1:10pm (Cease vs. Anderson)

ChiSox59

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

It's mostly on Burger for sure.  2 walks from cease didn't help though.  Typical of how this year is going 🙄 

I do agree Burger is a liability at 3rd . Now we can stop talking about him starting over moncada there hopefully. 

Until Moncada shows a pulse it's still an option although talking about it and it actually happening are 2 distinctly different things  along with DFA'ing Harrison or bringing up Yolbert .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Burger just absolutely punishes mistakes. Hang a breaking pitch to him and it's probably a homer. 

The rookie has some tools. I don’t know how much projection he has. But the good player oftentimes shows the flashes as a rookie. Now its a matter of tightening up his D, which I haven’t heard any reason why that won’t happen. He’s not going to be Aurelio Rodriguez, but a lot of good third baseman have been pretty average with the glove, but the bat plays well.

• Like 1

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Until Moncada shows a pulse it's still an option although talking about it and it actually happening are 2 distinctly different things  along with DFA'ing Harrison or bringing up Yolbert .

I agree with all of that. I also should say I didn't see most of that inning.  I was wrong about what I said about cease . My mistake!

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

As mentioned in another thread, this team has to start considering how it is allocated money going forward. Burger is a cheap date, and often puts out. Moncada otoh, fancy restaurants and lots of waiting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah just DH him and fill in at 3B until Eloy comes back. Then try him at 2B. But honestly, Eloy may never come back.

Why would you try him at second when you need even more range and quickness to cover. 

7 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

No way is Burger a Yermin clone. He’s a ball player and will develop into more than a DH. He needs consecutive days at 3rd. You can’t learn a position playing it twice a week. 

That's great if you are rebuilding.  This team is trying to compete.  So letting him learn his craft over there while he kicks the ball around is not a formula for winning.  We have a lot of bad defense on the team.  So sprinkling more is a bad thing.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

No way is Burger a Yermin clone. He’s a ball player and will develop into more than a DH. He needs consecutive days at 3rd. You can’t learn a position playing it twice a week. 

Dudes been playing 3B since high school. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Once this this team gets about 10-12 GB they will quit. Right now they still have this fantasy of only being 5 GB and being able to turn things around. 

That's why TLR and the FO aren't making any moves at all. They say hey were only 5 back and we are due to start hitting and playing better.

Newsflash. This is who you are. A terribly constructed team full of designated hitters who can't hit or field or stay healthy. 

Who is out there making trades of substance right now?