6/9 GT: LAD @ Sox 1:10pm (Cease vs. Anderson)

ChiSox59

3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Why do we keep throwing Sousa in close games

Because TLR is incompetent, and once he falls behind in the score, he doesn’t go all out to get back in the game, and brings in guys likeSousa with an ERA of over 8.  I would think that TLR is one of the very fewest if any that would give an intentional walk to a guy with  2 strikes in the count.  TLR has to be removed now. He is the laughingstock of MLB and has been exposed this week against the Dodgers.

3 minutes ago, Ewick said:

Make hawk gm of the day and can him again

The sad part is that no matter what TLR does, his job is probably secure because JR won't allow him to be fired. It's so sad that we're basically wasting a year of our competitive window. 

Muncy was probably more pissed about the intentional walk than anyone else. That's a special form of disrespect. The batting average in an AB that goes to 1-2 is .166. Intentionally walking that guy to face the next hitter is basically saying, "I think the guy on deck has less than a 17% chance of getting a hit". 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 3

28 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

It's mostly on Burger for sure.  2 walks from cease didn't help though.  Typical of how this year is going 🙄 

I do agree Burger is a liability at 3rd . Now we can stop talking about him starting over moncada there hopefully. 

I just turned the game on a few minutes ago so I didn't see Burger's misplays.  But he's been fine at 3B for the most part so far this year.  And even if he does prove to be a liability at 3B after a significant sample size, replacing him with the worst hitter in baseball is not really a good option right now.

I see Burger hit another home run today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

The players got the go ahead from the manager to pack it in. 

It’s a pity. This was a winnable game.  A turning point was walking Lux on a 3-2 breaking pitch in the dirt.  You need to blow him away with a fast ball.

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Muncy was probably more pissed about the intentional walk than anyone else. That's a special form of disrespect. The batting average in an AB that goes to 1-2 is .166. Intentionally walking that guy to face the next hitter is basically saying, "I think the guy on deck has less than a 17% chance of getting a hit". 

Love it. 

25 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

That's great if you are rebuilding.  This team is trying to compete.  So letting him learn his craft over there while he kicks the ball around is not a formula for winning.  We have a lot of bad defense on the team.  So sprinkling more is a bad thing.  

Well, one player is making mega millions with a negative WAR. The other is in positive territory on a rookie deal.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s stuff like this that drives me away from watching every single game.  Fucking Tony

It's hard to catch them all with just normal life shit. I try to watch when I can but I haven't felt like I've really missed anything the days I haven't watched. Just a bad vibe around the team. Kind of going back to the day LaRussa was announced as manager.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

7 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It feels so weird that an opposing player just cussed out the manager of my favorite team, and I'm 100% on the side of the player

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Fire 1