6/9 GT: LAD @ Sox 1:10pm (Cease vs. Anderson)

ChiSox59

16 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

LaRussa is an embarrassment to The White Sox, the fans, and himself . i'm really starting to believe that he has little idea of how bad he is doing.

Hubris is a hell of a drug!

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Either no one asks him because Sox media is spineless,  or he gets mad at the question and gets defensive. 

I'm guessing the former. But Duber actually asked him a "tough" question yesterday, so you never know

13 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I think part of me likes watching the TLR train wreck cause the team itself just isn't that good. 

This is definitely part of it for me too.  When it's too much I tune out and its just familiar background noise.

5 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

I knew LaRussa was going to be a horrendous hire but the extent of how much he sucks is astonishing even to me

Same here.  The depths of his incompetence are truly unfathomable.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

What's dumber? Intentionally walking a guy in a 1-2 count or intentionally walking someone with the bases loaded? 

1-2. Why even pitch to him if you don't want him to beat you? Why let the count get to 2 strikes and then get scared? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Could you expand on this? I've been on calls all day. Has Tony been making horrible decisions this game?

Not sure if serious.

But La Russa let Cease throw 45 pitches in the 5th inning; allowed the Dodgers to bat around. It wasn't really Dylan's fault, but no way La Russa should let him throw that many pitches in an inning.

In a 1 run game in the 6th inning he brought in their worst reliever (Sousa). Sousa went on to suck, give up a run, but then he was in a spot to get out of it. 0-2 count to Turner, with 2 outs, and a man on first. He throws a ball that gets away a bit and Freeman takes second base. La Russa decides he's going to intentionally walk Trea Turner with a 1-2 count to face Muncy because he's left handed (despite the fact that Muncy hits lefties better than rights.) Muncy proceeds to hit a 3 run homer. Muncy then calls La Russa a b**** when he crosses home plate. We all laugh.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, White Sox Park said:

There's a guy that would have looked good on a White Sox uniform..

In my opinion, the biggest free agent failure from the rebuild by far. Harper is a perfect fit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

What's dumber? Intentionally walking a guy in a 1-2 count or intentionally walking someone with the bases loaded? 

I said to walk Freeman with the bases loaded up 4-0. It would have sort have been the right call.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Not sure if serious.

But La Russa let Cease throw 45 pitches in the 5th inning; allowed the Dodgers to bat around. It wasn't really Dylan's fault, but no way La Russa should let him throw that many pitches in an inning.

In a 1 run game in the 6th inning he brought in their worst reliever (Sousa). Sousa went on to suck, give up a run, but then he was in a spot to get out of it. 0-2 count to Turner, with 2 outs, and a man on first. He throws a ball that gets away a bit and Freeman takes second base. La Russa decides he's going to intentionally walk Trea Turner with a 1-2 count to face Muncy because he's left handed (despite the fact that Muncy hits lefties better than rights.) Muncy proceeds to hit a 3 run homer. Muncy then calls La Russa a b**** when he crosses home plate. We all laugh.

That about sums it up.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Not sure if serious.

And the best part is Tony can't even have him thrown at to get even.