I truly think Jerry will make TLR step down after yesterday

ron883

5 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

That has to be one of the strangest intentional walks I have ever seen. 

The closest one I can think of is when Bonds was intentionally walked with the bases loaded..walking in a run.  And I can at least see some logic in that at the time. 

3 hours ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

I said it before and I'll say it again, bring Hawk out of retirement so he can fire TLR again. 

Dude just said on a podcast he trusts everything Tony does and thinks Jerry provides everything the team needs to win. He is as delusional as the front office 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Serious question - does anyone here actually think that was a good move or buy his explanation?

No - I also never thought they should hire him and have to apologize to everyone I argued with who said this would be an unmitigated disaster. I never wanted the dude - but I figured they would be disciplined and play smart - this is just awful management and today was a new low. I also have zero clue at this point why a few guys are on the roster. Maybe there counterparts in the minors will suck just as bad - but there is a chance they won’t vs some of these guys who clearly just suck.

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Russia over Ukraine?  With the historical treatment of ethnic/religious minority groups to consider...maybe someone should just feed him that randomly in a postgame to see if he will bite. 

Abortion rights?  Automatic weapons legislation?

Fidel Castro already wiped out Ozzie and Bernie Sanders...probably won't fall for that, might give some Jose Canseco anecdotes though.

As someone who voted for Bernie twice, I say this with all due respect, Bernie Sanders wiped out Bernie. 

• Fire 1

"The baseball mind in me gets it," said Muncy. "At the same time, I don’t know that walking someone with two strikes is ever the right move."

TLR " ... Now if (Will) Smith was hitting behind him, it would have been a different thing. But Muncy's there, it's an easy call."

"If Turner (gets) a hit there, I'd be walking into the lake or something because that would've been stupid. And (Sousa) did get ahead of Muncy (in the count)."

Turner's 10-for-39 (.256) this season with two doubles, no walks and 17 strikeouts when the count gets to 1-2.

Muncy, who has a .159 average and .626 OPS this season, has a higher batting average, on-base percentage and slugging percentage against left-handed pitching in his career.

"Obviously my year has sucked up to this point," Muncy said. "Trea has been really good. But in the moment, I was animated."

https://theathletic.com/news/white-sox-intentional-walk-trea-turner-1-2-count/O7NVYmGAsMJo/

Edited by caulfield12

CHICAGO — 

Max Muncy believed he was in a much better place Thursday.

During the sixth inning, Chicago White Sox manager Tony La Russa dared him to prove it.

In a stunning, unexpected and inexplicable piece of decision-making, La Russa decided to not only intentionally walk Dodgers shortstop Trea Turner with Muncy on deck, but do it in a 1-and-2 count after a wild pitch opened up first base.

In a cathartic, emotional and perhaps season-altering sequence that followed, Muncy not only made La Russa pay by crushing a three-run home run, giving him five RBIs in the Dodgers 11-9 win. The fiery infielder might also have rediscovered part of his old self in the process.

I’m glad they did it,” teammate Freddie Freeman said with a smirk. “Because I think it got us Max Muncy back."

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2022-06-09/dodgers-white-sox-max-muncy-trea-turner-tony-larussa

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paulie4Pres said:

He's actually the Trump of baseball. A completely delusional, narcissistic asshole, who thinks he's the smartest man in the room, when the reality is, he's a fucking imbecile.

Tony is a narcissist with out a doubt. A rational man resigns out of shame.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

He's actually the Trump of baseball. A completely delusional, narcissistic asshole, who thinks he's the smartest man in the room, when the reality is, he's a fucking imbecile.

I would actually argue that he is the Ross Perot of baseball