6/10 White Sox vs Texas Rangers, 7:10

flavum

3 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said: 

Meanwhile Rodon is 4-4 with a 3.51 era 59 innings, 75 SO'S. who do we have going tonight??

I’m a Rodon fan, but I looked it up a few days ago and he was 1-4 with a 5.00 ERA in his last 7 games. Innings pitched/start already trending down.

3 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I’m a Rodon fan, but I looked it up a few days ago and he was 1-4 with a 5.00 ERA in his last 7 games. Innings pitched/start already trending down.

He'll be on the IL in no time. 

Just looking over the Rangers roster and I see Nicky Solak is in the minors.  I had been hoping for an over/under of how many times our broadcast would mention he was from Chicago this weekend.  Baseball is ruining all of my fun this season.

37 minutes ago, wegner said:

Just looking over the Rangers roster and I see Nicky Solak is in the minors.  I had been hoping for an over/under of how many times our broadcast would mention he was from Chicago this weekend.  Baseball is ruining all of my fun this season.

One game against the Royals, I got the sense in his tone that Jason was trolling people by mentioning that Nicky Lopez was from Naperville. I'm sure people Tweet at him about it. If I were in his position and saw Tweets about me mentioning it or read it here on Soxtalk, I'd 100% mention it as often as possible, ha.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

13 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

One game against the Royals, I got the sense in his tone that Jason was trolling people by mentioning that Nicky Lopez was from Naperville. I'm sure people Tweet at him about it. If I were in his position and saw Tweets about me mentioning it or read it here on Soxtalk, I'd 100% mention it as often as possible, ha.

I am sure that Mr Benetti checks in on this site from time to time.....isn't that right Jason??

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

No one would tolerate AJ as a manager.

While AJP would be very far down my list of candidates, I would take him a millisecond over Larusaa.  No brainer.  

TBF, I would take literally anyone over TLR.  The bar is so low that someone with a minimal baseball knowledge could do better if they just accepted direction from the staff.  TLR has been quite simply nothing but a consistent impediment for this team since his arrival.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Lopez getting the start tonight? Not talking about Nicki, I mean ReLo. 

Yep they have ReyLo at mlb.com

Pollock Vaughn Robert Abreu Burger (DH) Moncada (3B) Grandal Harrison Mendick

No Leury against a RHP.

Pollock hitting first is going to be the biggest question mark. Burger off the field after yesterday.

Edited by caulfield12

With all the talk about former players who have never even coached, let alone managed, maybe we deserve to be miserable.

How about this for a novel idea.  Get someone who's been a coach on a winning team, been a contributor to that success, and is ready to take the next step to be a manager.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

AJ as Skipper

Frank Thomas as Hitting Coach

Paul Konerko as Bench Coach

None of these guys are coaches.  Just inserting, FAVORITE FORMER PLAYER HERE, is how we wind up with the Robin Venturas of the world as the Manager.  You want Frank Thomas telling players to make sure their back foot is off the ground at the point of contact.  Why would Paul leave his luxury life to go hang out in the dugout.  JR and company count on hot takes like this and that is why we never get real coaches around here.    

Just now, Big Hurtin said:

With all the talk about former players who have never even coached, let alone managed, maybe we deserve to be miserable.

How about this for a novel idea.  Get someone who's been a coach on a winning team, been a contributor to that success, and is ready to take the next step to be a manager.

Sounds more like Espada.  But then those kind of moves are inpracticalities when most candidates are on other contending teams right now.

4 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

What happened to Davis?

He’s just pitching in relief tonight.

With the Lambert move, maybe they send down a pitcher after the game and call up Haseley, who has been hitting way better than Sheets was.