6/10 White Sox vs Texas Rangers, 7:10

flavum

9 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

So, who's the next manager? Ozzie? Joe G? Joe M? AJ Pierzynski? Abreu? Jirschele? Ricky Renteria? Robin Ventura?

If we're going new managerial candidates that were former White Sox players, I'd go with AJ for sure. 

9 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

So, who's the next manager? Ozzie? Joe G? Joe M? AJ Pierzynski? Abreu? Jirschele? Ricky Renteria? Robin Ventura?

Jirschele would be a fantastic interim manager choice and such a refreshing change.  

I think if they were to fire TLR (they won't), it'd be McEwing though. Which is also fine.  

Not only shoild Tony be gone, but Williams, who belives Hahn is some kind of God or Genius. Instead of getting a real 2nd baseman, we get Harrison, they millions on a bullpen that spends more time on the DL than actually in the bullpen i.e. Graveman and Kelly and Bummer. No stud right fielder, 84million for Yasmani, good money after bad, Harrison and Garcia. We always let the little head do the talking for the big head!! Let's not give Rodon a qualfying offer and at least get a draft pick if he signs elsewhere. 

Meanwhile Rodon is 4-4 with a 3.51 era 59 innings, 75 SO'S. who do we have going tonight?? Davis Maritn or if he wasn't hurt another oft injured pitcher and waste of a roster spot, Valasquez. And don't get me started on Jimenez and Moncada who can't stay on the field. 

If something isn't done, this will become a lost season, BUT if thats what it takes to get rid of some dead weight and TLR, so be it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Highland said:

When LaRussa finally leaves, I hope the replacement is someone who has no prior association with the White Sox. Regardless, I no longer think the Sox are the favorites to win the AL Central.

This.

• Ventura 2013-2016.
  • Ventura passes on 2017.
  • Ricky promoted literally the day after Ventura passes.
  • Ricky extended in 2019.
  • Jerry hires Tony in 2020.

They have had zero legitimate external candidates (I’m not counting Selig rule interview Willie Harris as legitimate) interviewed over the past decade, one in the KW era (Ozzie vs. Cito).

A new owner needs to bring in a legitimate modern Front Office and let him (or her Kim Ng) bring in a legitimate modern MLB manager and coaching staff.

No more Daryl Bostons, Front Office Snitches (Don Cooper), Owner Cronies (Harold Baines). No more Robins or Paulies or AJs.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

Kinda like Tony getting fired

Touche, though I have to imagine there is a higher likelihood of that than Ozzie ever managing for the Sox again.  Its pretty difficult for me to wrap my ahead around the idea that ownership is ok with the way things are going right now.  At some point, you have to make a change even if you don't want to.  The window is shrinking, and Jerry's losing money by the day.  

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Touche, though I have to imagine there is a higher likelihood of that than Ozzie ever managing for the Sox again.  Its pretty difficult for me to wrap my ahead around the idea that ownership is ok with the way things are going right now.  At some point, you have to make a change even if you don't want to.  The window is shrinking, and Jerry's losing money by the day.  

Maybe after the season, everyone in Tony’s world- Jerry, his wife, the players, nudge him toward retirement again. This hasn’t gone well at all. He’s got to go.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, flavum said:

Maybe after the season, everyone in Tony’s world- Jerry, his wife, the players, nudge him toward retirement again. This hasn’t gone well at all. He’s got to go.

I am going to hold out a sliver of hope it happens before then.   This season is still salvageable, amazingly.  But yeah, that's likely best realistic case scenario.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

There's probably a lot more we don't know that went on behind the scenes when Ozzie was fired.   He must have seriously burned some bridges on the way out.  

47 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

The way ownership thinks about it isn't "what a disappointing season, Tony deserves some blame." IMO, it's "what a disappointing season, now imagine how much worse it would be if we didn't have Tony running the show!"

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

The way ownership thinks about it isn't "what a disappointing season, Tony deserves some blame." IMO, it's "what a disappointing season, now imagine how much worse it would be if we didn't have Tony running the show!"

There is no possible way these guys are that stupid.  You don't get to where JR and his partners are in life being a braindead moron. 

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Based on four plus decades of feeding fans carrots, "disappointing seasons" have nothing to do with the Sox' win/loss record under Jerry Reinsdorf.

Jerry's pleasure or disappointment is primarily based on two criteria:

• Profit
  • Employing Cronies

Losing may impact attendance and thus profit, but they won't lose money this season even with a record payroll based on their locked in ticket sales and MLB/CSN revenue. Jerry reached his second goal with flying colors.

46 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

"Look how bad our run differential is, yet we're still only 3 games under .500!"

• Like 1