6/10 White Sox vs Texas Rangers, 7:10

flavum

10 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

You've had it in for AJ since he punched your buddy in the balls.

Among other things that weren't made public.

I really wouldn't say I have it in for him as much I just can't see it happening.  Maybe he's grown up since leaving the game and will prove me wrong.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

How many of those people are being paid to be there?

Go back over time and look at their careers. TLR was a very successful manager. You can't do that without getting along with others. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Go back over time and look at their careers. TLR was a very successful manager. You can't do that without getting along with others. 

Whether it’s Muncy, Mercedes, his own staff trying to tell him a rule he doesn’t know, a cop in Arizona, or people in the press, look how he treats people around him now. It is darn easy to watch how a guy like him treats people when he could be decent but doesn’t have to be.

11 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Whether it’s Muncy, Mercedes, his own staff trying to tell him a rule he doesn’t know, a cop in Arizona, or people in the press, look how he treats people around him now. It is darn easy to watch how a guy like him treats people when he could be decent but doesn’t have to be.

Someone trying to help him with a rule he didn't know is him treating people poorly? Obviously he isn't a Saint nit who is?  People on this  order have  been worse.

At least you can list his incidences. For AJ it wouldn't be possible. The nicest thing people said about AJ was that he may ne an a$$ nit he's ours a$$

Recency bias. Everyone forgets what AJ was like but sees TLR today. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The only solution for Tony is either he gets kicked upstairs or he let's his coaches run the show. 

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Someone trying to help him with a rule he didn't know is him treating people poorly? Obviously he isn't a Saint nit who is?  People on this  order have  been worse.

At least you can list his incidences. For AJ it wouldn't be possible. The nicest thing people said about AJ was that he may ne an a$$ nit he's ours a$$

Recency bias. Everyone forgets what AJ was like but sees TLR today. 

I never said AJ was anything but an ass. I'm ok with saying they both are.

(Shouting at his staff to shut up when they try to tell him a rule he doesn't know - yeah that's treating them poorly).

6 minutes ago, pcq said:

AJ would be fun because he would tear the joint up like Billy Martin. Sox could use the publicity. I think George fired Billy about four times. 

Hardly their problem this year…except it’s almost all negative publicity.  
Minus the TA7 “feel good” homer against NY.

7 minutes ago, pcq said:

AJ would be fun because he would tear the joint up like Billy Martin. Sox could use the publicity. I think George fired Billy about four times. 

Yess..

I'd go for Ozzie..tooin fact, even more..

8 minutes ago, pcq said:

ring Ozzie back..have you heard him on the post game shows...brilliant..

There's also just no way that La Russa knew those numbers (within the past 3 years) right at that moment. Also, those numbers clearly mean absolutely nothing. This is likely the tub of dumb analytical shit Dave Duncan's kid pulls out to claim they're using numbers.

Wild pitch was thrown, and within 5 second Tony signals to IBB. Tony likely can't remember what he had for breakfast, let alone some split like that on the fly within a window. I fucking hate this guy. I can deal with stupid, but tripling down on stupid after everyone shows you you're stupid is just maddening stuff.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I never said AJ was anything but an ass. I'm ok with saying they both are.

(Shouting at his staff to shut up when they try to tell him a rule he doesn't know - yeah that's treating them poorly).

That's fine. You are allowed your opinion.

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

There's also just no way that La Russa knew those numbers (within the past 3 years) right at that moment. Also, those numbers clearly mean absolutely nothing. This is likely the tub of dumb analytical shit Dave Duncan's kid pulls out to claim they're using numbers.

Wild pitch was thrown, and within 5 second Tony signals to IBB. Tony likely can't remember what he had for breakfast, let alone some split like that on the fly within a window. I fucking hate this guy. I can deal with stupid, but tripling down on stupid after everyone shows you you're stupid is just maddening stuff.

"within the past 3 years" is such an odd time frame. I'm guessing those numbers are better than the last 2 or 4 years. Somebody was crunching all numbers for TLR this morning.

14 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

"within the past 3 years" is such an odd time frame. I'm guessing those numbers are better than the last 2 or 4 years. Somebody was crunching all numbers for TLR this morning.

You are fully correct. There's a 32 at-bat stretch in 2020 where he had 3 home runs on 1-2 counts. 

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

You say that like it isn't a bad thing. Also let's not pretend that we all don't know that AJ isn't a raging asshole.

Seems like a nice guy when he's interviewed or doing games in the booth.  I always hear people say he's an asshole but I don't know that he's any bigger an asshole than Ozzie, Tony, or any number of other current and former professional athletes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Seems like a nice guy when he's interviewed or doing games in the booth.  I always hear people say he's an asshole but I don't know that he's any bigger an asshole than Ozzie, Tony, or any number of other current and former professional athletes.

I think AJ is just smart. He knows there's a setting for each attitude, and that's why he actually works on TV. He's fun on TV, but there's a little bit of an edge behind it because you know he'll totally get under your skin if he has to.

Whether that would work in a managerial setting, I lean towards no, and I also don't get why AJ would want to do it. But unfortunately, when we're talking about guys like AJ or Thome or Konerko or even Ozzie as managerial options, it's like we're in a restaurant trying to pick something off the menu. Not every option is good, not every option fits what we're in the mood for that night, but some may or may not have promise. The White Sox then came in and then said they would like a pile of steamed dog feces mixed with glass shards for dinner, and would like it served family style. Oh and they would like to thank us in advance for picking up the bill.

• Like 1

I'm having a hard time believing JR became a billionaire by not holding key employees accountable. Why does he find it so hard to fire someone? I run a small company and I dont like doing it but I have to sometime. I realize JR maybe feeling guilty about what letting him go back 4 decades ago, last century and last millennium but geez get over it

49 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Tony triples down on his stupidity after everyone in the world shows him he's wrong. This guy is the worst kind of stupid.

I still don't understand why he didn't put him on first when the count got to 0-2 if he was going to hit a home run and the L/L match up was still there. It

Its just his old, tired act that he knows more than anyone else. The fact is, there are hundreds of thousands of people that could run a baseball game competently. Outside of managing the bullpen, itz extremely uncomplicated. But he wants it to seem like he is splitting atoms.

Edited by Dick Allen

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I think AJ is just smart. He knows there's a setting for each attitude, and that's why he actually works on TV. He's fun on TV, but there's a little bit of an edge behind it because you know he'll totally get under your skin if he has to.

Whether that would work in a managerial setting, I lean towards no, and I also don't get why AJ would want to do it. But unfortunately, when we're talking about guys like AJ or Thome or Konerko or even Ozzie as managerial options, it's like we're in a restaurant trying to pick something off the menu. Not every option is good, not every option fits what we're in the mood for that night, but some may or may not have promise. The White Sox then came in and then said they would like a pile of steamed dog feces mixed with glass shards for dinner, and would like it served family style. Oh and they would like to thank us in advance for picking up the bill.

I think AJ is much better suited in the booth as a color man myself.  I'd love to see him replace Stone.