Gavin Sheets Optioned to AAA. Lambert Up.

DirtySox

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Glad to see Sheets gone - long overdue.  Hope he gets his swing back in Charlotte.

Seems like that's what happens down there. Mendick has been hitting since he came back, Burger as well. Moncada was torching the ball in AAA and for the first week he was back. Seems like the best hitting instruction is in the minors.

37 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Glad to see Sheets gone - long overdue.  Hope he gets his swing back in Charlotte.

But not sure what Jimmy Lambert accomplishes.  

Yeah he's weird add. Almost like they just want to take advantage of the 14th pitcher for a few days before it is reduced (unless it is extended again).

Edited by Bob Sacamano

51 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

But not sure what Jimmy Lambert accomplishes.  

TLR has used Ruiz, Foster, and Sousa on back to back nights so none of them are available tonight. Lopez and Crick also threw on Thursday. If the game is anything other than a narrow White Sox lead in the 7th inning with lefties coming up, you can bet Lambert is in there. 

24 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Not having to deal with his defense in RF is a huge plus. 

He also stopped hitting for any sort of power about 3 weeks ago. So there's no point in him being up here. 

He literally had a 3 or 4 game stretch where he hit all his homers.  He's had 1 XBH since then. Just awful. 

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

TLR has used Ruiz, Foster, and Sousa on back to back nights so none of them are available tonight. Lopez and Crick also threw on Thursday. If the game is anything other than a narrow White Sox lead in the 7th inning with lefties coming up, you can bet Lambert is in there. 

Yeah, I guess its just for length today with Martin going, but woof.  Tonight looking like another game with long odds for a Sox W. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah, I guess its just for length today with Martin going, but woof.  Tonight looking like another game with long odds for a Sox W. 

The pitching matchups for this series are interesting. Perez is tough so far this year for Saturday,  but he's also a lefty. Gray vs. Kopech on Sunday is decidedly favoring the White Sox. Not sure how to judge tonight's matchup, guy in his 3rd start vs. guy in his 15th. 

33 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Not having to deal with his defense in RF is a huge plus. 

He also stopped hitting for any sort of power about 3 weeks ago. So there's no point in him being up here. 

I never feel comfortable when he's camped under a routine fly. It reminds me of the 80s Sox. Greg Luzinski used to do Carnack, a Johnny Carson bit, where he says an answer then opens an envelope with the question . The one I remember was Catch 22, they open the envelope and the question is What would Ron Kittle do if you hit him 100 flyballs? I think Sheets is similar with the leather.

Edited by Dick Allen