Gavin Sheets Optioned to AAA. Lambert Up.

DirtySox

47 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The pitching matchups for this series are interesting. Perez is tough so far this year for Saturday,  but he's also a lefty. Gray vs. Kopech on Sunday is decidedly favoring the White Sox. Not sure how to judge tonight's matchup, guy in his 3rd start vs. guy in his 15th. 

We're -110 favorites!

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

For a guy who thinks he can GM the Sox you don't seem to know that Colas is in A+ ball now and is not an option for MLB this year.

You just don't appreciate his ambitious ideas. 

Aggressive, aggressive, be be agressive.

2 hours ago, almagest said:

Seems like that's what happens down there. Mendick has been hitting since he came back, Burger as well. Moncada was torching the ball in AAA and for the first week he was back. Seems like the best hitting instruction is in the minors.

Yeah the hitting in Charlotte has never been the problem for the 21-36 club that has the 18th best record of 20 teams in the International AAA league. The team has a .258 BA which is 3rd highest. The problem is their putrid pitching which is last at 6.11 ERA. I have no idea why Lambert is coming up, as he contributed to that team ERA with his pathetic 9.24 ERA. 

Maybe the Charlotte hitting coach can come up and give some hitting tips to our hitting guru coach Menechino, who was hand picked by our demented HOF'er TLR.

I've been hoping that they would promote Tyler Neslony. He has been destroying RHP in AA. I know that he's older, but has always been able to hit. Putting up the kinds of numbers that he has, in that ball park, VS. RHP is impressive:

129  AB--   13 2B   3 3B   9 HR  30 RBI 15  BB  18 SO --  AVG .  388   OBP  .463     SLG  .744    OPS  1.207

And, he is a legitimate right fielder.

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

For a guy who thinks he can GM the Sox you don't seem to know that Colas is in A+ ball now and is not an option for MLB this year.

I would have been a good GM for the team but I would have been a better owner of the franchise. 

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Not even Top 5.

Leury Legend, Kelly,TA7, Hendriks, Harrison

Meh I’d put him at #2 behind Leury. Sheets had no business being on the roster for a couple months now and somehow was cutting into AV’s playing time

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

Meh I’d put him at #2 behind Leury. Sheets had no business being on the roster for a couple months now and somehow was cutting into AV’s playing time

By that argument, McGuire, Grandal, any lefty or SH playing against RHPers…it wasn’t a bias against Vaughn so much as he was L/R/L obsessed against RHP and the defense weighing.  

Pollock was losing at-bats for the same reason (LH hitter obsession), although not off to the same offensive start.

If there was no Abreu around, AV would get 90-95% of playing time, though.