6/11 White Sox vs Texas Rangers, 1:10

flavum

Just now, Texsox said:

Tony had a tough choice. You want him hitting today to ride that slump busting momentum but DH would have caused a bigger problem. 

Yeah, then Burger would have to play 3B and Moncada would have had to sit during a day game after he just started at 3B last night.  Big problem.  (I hope your sarcasm meter is working.)

Just now, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Yeah, then Burger would have to play 3B and Moncada would have had to sit during a day game after he just started at 3B last night.  Big problem.  (I hope your sarcasm meter is working.)

I was talking about Grandal

1 minute ago, Colome's Hat said:

Yoan's defense is indispensable at 3rd.  He's a gold glove caliber third baseman.  How bad is Burger's defense at 2nd?

I agree about Yoan's D but how else do you get Burger in the lineup? 

You have to let Burger show if this is real or not. You have to give him as many AB's as you can the next few weeks. 

The Sox have some moves they are going to have to make with Jimenez coming back soon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Yoan's defense is indispensable at 3rd.  He's a gold glove caliber third baseman.  How bad is Burger's defense at 2nd?

On this team this year, Burger DH and Yoan playing third makes a lot of sense. Going into the future, Moncada makes too much money to play third base just as a glove. A team can put a cheap glove at third all day long. Jake on a rookie deal at third base makes a lot of sense if he is for real.

Edited by Chick Mercedes

2 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Yoan's defense at 3B is excellent.  But his defense at 3B does not warrant him starting there and forcing Jake Burger to play a position he has never played before.  I would bet Burger at 3B and Moncada at 2B would give the team better defense over all than Moncada at 3B and Burger at 2B.

• Like 1

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

SO who do we see when Grandal is IL'd Perez or Seby ?

I'll be mildly surprised if he is put on the IL. I think they are just being cautious today. Could be wrong, however.