6/11 White Sox vs Texas Rangers, 1:10

flavum

50 minutes ago, Texsox said:

My closest team is 36-22. Why am I still doing this to myself? Fuck my luck being born in Chicago. 

Hell, the Rangers finished ahead of the White Sox all but two full seasons (2014 and 2021) since the White Out Game.

Last night I questioned why Lambert was warming up for the tie game, and then not inserted after the Sox took a five run lead. Would have been nice to have Liam available today, especially if Graveman (26 pitches yesterday), Bummer (last game Tuesday - put him on the IL if he's injured) weren't going to be available Saturday. Of course Tony's useless Kelly is out as well.

https://www.baseballpress.com/bullpen-usage

Tony's primary concern is "the pitcher of record", his defense for why Cease stayed with nobody warming up when it was clear he was running out of gas Thursday, and why he won't use Liam unless it's for a "save", This is Cro-Magnon Man logic in 2022.

Also questioned last night catching Grandal on a day after night game (discussion with Caufield). I support having pitchers select their preferred catchers when possible, but if Grandal is Lucas' preference and McGuire is Kopech's, than Grandal should have DH or played 1B Friday night to allow his legs a chance Saturday. Not necessarily blaming the injury on it, but just common sense not to catch a catcher who has been gimpy all year twice within 24 hours.

52 minutes ago, Highland said:

Well, it's so easy to be positive when you blow a 5-0 lead and bring in Matt Foster in the 10th.

Bringing in Sousa again in a close game cost us this game.  There should not have been a 10th inning in the first place.

9 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Bringing in Sousa again in a close game cost us this game.  There should not have been a 10th inning in the first place.

Thursday was the absolute last time we should have seen Sousa pitch in a game within 7 runs either way, until he proved over several mop-up appearances he has figured something out over weeks,

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

My closest team is 36-22. Why am I still doing this to myself? Fuck my luck being born in Chicago. 

I've always said that me being a White Sox fan was just an accident of birth.  I've been contemplating moving to Texas for years now.  Don't know if I ever will, but if I do, and JR's group still owns the Sox, I'm going to become a Rangers fan as soon as I get there.

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Sousa has an ERA of 9.00 now.  What a disaster 

Stop using him in close games.

3 hours ago, GermanSoxFan said:

That was a tough error to hang on Vaughn

looked tome that the error should have been on Leury who could not handle the throw right at him.

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

TLR bringing in Sousa to face the heart of the Dodgers and Rangers lineups in two close games late is sheer madness.  Cost us 2 games IMO.

LaRussa has totally negated the theory that a bad manager can only cost 3 losses tops in a season.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stinky Stanky said:

The old adage is that great bullpens make great managers.  Ya think the opposite might be true too?

Not sure but a bad manager can sure make a shaky bullpen worse.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wegner said:

I only caught the end of the game but looking back....when you are up 5-0, the guy who is supposed to be the ace of your staff needs to not let the other team right back in the game.

Gio deserves plenty of blame but putting Sousa in with a 2 run lead in the 7th is like his 10th fireable offense of the last month. 

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Gio deserves plenty of blame but putting Sousa in with a 2 run lead in the 7th is like his 10th fireable offense of the last month. 

I'm not absolving TLR, just disappointed in Giolito.