POSITIVE THREAD

he gone.

Easier to be negative than positive. 

Come here with positivity and keep the line movin'!

I'll start. How about Mendick and Burger being the MVP's of June!? This season has been on the brink and Anderson going down could've been a spiral based on how Leury, Yoan and Harrison have been playing. Both Burger and Danny are putting this team on their back and carrying them currently. love to see it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There are things to be positive about and Mendick and Burger have played well. And the injured will be returning although I have some doubts about Eloy and Lynn. 

Benneti made a valid point during a broadcast. If the Sox offense is going to produce, Grandal and Moncada have to contribute. I would hope they would since I can't see them putting up Adam Dunn type numbers for the whole year. It was good to see Grandal deliver with 3 RBIs against Texas. Moncada got a hit right-handed and maybe he should stop switch hitting? Perhaps Grandal should stop looking for walks? How about swinging at the first pitch a few times?

But then again, there are the games when the Sox regress into some ugly stuff. Do that less and I'll feel better.

1 hour ago, he gone. said:

Easier to be negative than positive. 

Come here with positivity and keep the line movin'!

I'll start. How about Mendick and Burger being the MVP's of June!? This season has been on the brink and Anderson going down could've been a spiral based on how Leury, Yoan and Harrison have been playing. Both Burger and Danny are putting this team on their back and carrying them currently. love to see it. 

I like it ! It's easy to be negative especially in game thread where a team playing bad with so many individual guys being bad offensively and defensively is hard to take.

So many now expect the worst and forget they are fans and want the team to win (except weird people who want the Sox to lose so TLR gets fired and say Screw you as their 1st reaction to your easy going plea for kindness).

Let's go boys !! This division is easily winnable when more people start contributing including us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wegner said:

Easiest schedule in the AL the rest of the season.

But they don’t have to play the White Sox…!  That could have both positive and negative interpretations.

Of course, the first thought is we have played the better teams more competitively than some of the lower tier squads. That obviously has to change.

Edited by caulfield12

All but a few hitters on the roster are having the worst stretch of their careers. If these players were playing only slightly below expectations then this team is in first place.

The Twins are leading the division but have mostly been carried by strong offensive performances. They are a good team, but the Sox roster could be better if our players return to form. The Guardians are more well-rounded than they have been in years past, but they also do not have the two or three great starters we are used to seeing on their teams.

If the White Sox are able to get what is expected out of their players then this team could very easily go on a run to win the division. 5 games over the remaining 106 games is not that many to get back.

• Like 1

I texted my Twins fan friend this but I think by the All Star break, the Sox will, if not be in first place, at least close.  The offense is starting to put it together.  Getting TA back is going to help a lot.  And when we get Eloy back, that will be huge as well.  And getting Lynn back will be a shot in the arm to the rotation, as well as the bullpen as he will have the ability to eat a lot innings.  

I like the way Mendick is playing right now.  Having said that, I would love to see Hahn do what the Braves did last year and make targeted acquisitions that force some of these players to have to compete to be in the lineup each day.  

1 minute ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

All but a few hitters on the roster are having the worst stretch of their careers. If these players were playing only slightly below expectations then this team is in first place.

The Twins are leading the division but have mostly been carried by strong offensive performances. They are a good team, but the Sox roster could be better if our players return to form. The Guardians are more well-rounded than they have been in years past, but they also do not have the two or three great starters we are used to seeing on their teams.

If the White Sox are able to get what is expected out of their players then this team could very easily go on a run to win the division. 5 games over the remaining 106 games is not that many to get back.

Bieber, McKenzie and Quantrill have been solid.  The big problem has been with Cy Civale.  But Bieber isn’t quite at his Cy Young form from 2-3 years ago.

Twins in the middle of the pack pitching wise, but better ERAs and BAA than Sox, #15 compared to #18/20. 
WHIP 13th vs. White Sox 26th.

The Twins have already had to go ten deep across the rotation.

The White Sox have used Martin, VV, Cueto and Lambert, so actually pretty similar although Twins clearly worse off now with Lynn coming back soon.  That would be ten for the Sox as well.  Keuchel and Paddack gone.  Twins might get Maeda back in the second half, and much more freedom financially and minor league depth chart to make deals.  Attendance trending much better in the last 2-3 weeks, too.

10 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

I texted my Twins fan friend this but I think by the All Star break, the Sox will, if not be in first place, at least close.  The offense is starting to put it together.  Getting TA back is going to help a lot.  And when we get Eloy back, that will be huge as well.  And getting Lynn back will be a shot in the arm to the rotation, as well as the bullpen as he will have the ability to eat a lot innings.  

I like the way Mendick is playing right now.  Having said that, I would love to see Hahn do what the Braves did last year and make targeted acquisitions that force some of these players to have to compete to be in the lineup each day.  

The odds of Jimenez sticking in the outfield without getting hurt or harming others…slim and none.  Remember last year he never really got locked in for a prolonged stretch in the entire second half, never really seemed comfortable or dangerous at the plate like past years.

Lynn is up against it with his conditioning and coming back mid year.  Think of all the veteran FA’s who signed in June after QO dates expired and just never got untracked.  Lynn has to be throwing mid 90’s to be effective.

TA7 is obvious key.

And what dud your Twins’ friend say about your opinion?  Agreed or disagreed?

36 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

But they don’t have to play the White Sox…!  That could have both positive and negative interpretations.

Of course, the first thought is we have played the better teams more competitively than some of the lower tier squads. That obviously has to change.

I don't appreciate you negativing up my positivity post.

41 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Eloy will be back! And then will strain his left ring finger stepping on 3rd too hard after a home run

Love the theme. I feel like I'm at Woodstock. Peace and Love everybody you're beautiful! 

I don't think it takes dropping acid to see rainbows and this team winning the central. As John Sebastian sang "it's ok to shoot for the moon" so predicting the Sox to be the hottest team heading into October isn't crazy. 

Yesterday I had a dream going up country coming into Los Angeles that in a sea of madness were some wooden ships which put rainbows over my blues. 

Heads predicted bum day yesterday and nailed it. I'm predicting lights out pitching. Combined two hit shutout. 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

If they keep winning, he definitely won’t be giving up his job.  Regardless of who is “advising” on the daily lineup cards.

That’s not the point. There is a date that TLR will stop managing this team. Today we are closer to that date than yesterday.