POSITIVE THREAD

he gone.

I don't think some people here have any desire to express positive thoughts or comments about the White Sox. One stated that Eloy was not "entitled to the benefit of the doubt." Not entitled?  Another called for some kind of  "public shaming" of Tony LaRussa.  How about a public stoning. Others gleefully denigrate Jerry Reinsdorf and TLR based 0n their age. Then there are the know-it-all Monday morning quarterbacks  who revel in second guessing any decision that does not work out. Of course they are smarter then LaRussa who has 3 WS championships, decades of experience and a law degree.

There is no sense of camaraderie between those claiming to be WSox fans ans on this forum and very little respect shown for one another.On the contrary, oneupmanship and personal attacks are the norm.  It is difficult to detect a drop of positivity in a cesspool of mean-spirited  sports ignorance, but fwiw, I think the Sox offense ignites once TA and Eloy return.

Now go ahead, and do the things you do here. Excoriate me.

• Like 1

• The White Sox have Luis Robert and Jake Burger until at least 2027.
  • The White Sox have Andrew Vaughn,  Garrett Crochet and Aaron Bummer until at least 2026.
  • The White Sox have Michael Kopech and Dylan Cease until at least 2025.
  • The White Sox have Marco Paddy and Ethan Katz in their organization, two of the best in the business.
  • The team, led by Tim Anderson and Yasmani Grandal, stood up to the bully racist asshat Josh Donaldson, the team won the final two games, and not a single Yankee player or management staff came to that scumbag's defense, though their fans were exposed as racist accomplices.
  • Danny Mendick and Johnny Cueto have performed well in limited appearances, and hopefully will continue to contribute.
  • Tim AndersonEloy Jimenez and Lance Lynn are returning soon, and hopefully will be able to contribute at expected levels the rest of the season.
Edited by South Side Hit Men

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:
  • The White Sox have Andrew Vaughn,  Garrett Crochet and Aaron Bummer until at least 2026.
  • The White Sox have Marco Paddy and Ethan Katz in their organization, two of the best in the business.
  • The team, led by Tim Anderson and Yasmani Grandal, stood up to the bully racist asshat Josh Donaldson, the team won the final team games, and not a single Yankee player or management staff came to that scumbag's defense, though their fans were exposed as racist accomplices.
  • Danny Mendick and Johnny Cueto have performed well in limited appearances, and hopefully will continue to contribute.
  • Tim AndersonEloy Jimenez and Lance Lynn are returning soon, and hopefully will be able to contribute at expected levels the rest of the season.

I was wondering what your point was and then realized this was the positivity thread....well done.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:
  • The team, led by Tim Anderson and Yasmani Grandal, stood up to the bully racist asshat Josh Donaldson, the team won the final two games, and not a single Yankee player or management staff came to that scumbag's defense, though their fans were exposed as racist accomplices.

Should add Hendriks to the stand up to racism/Donaldson line.  And even TLR.

I'll spin zone anybody who's going to get crazy about kopech leaving today. He was limited to like 60?IP last year. He was always going to need an extended break to make sure he'd be fresh for the playoffs. Lynn is coming back and can slot right into his spot. If he was going to have an injury it's not the worst timing to have it just as Lynn is back. We'll keep surviving! All hands on deck. 

Some of these players are good guys! Oldest son with grandson in Detroit for the win last night. Seats in back of the Sox dugout and after the game my 14 year old grandson got to talking with Kopech before he ducked into the dugout. Very friendly and tossed him a ball before he left. Nice memory to have.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 6/11/2022 at 10:33 AM, caulfield12 said:

If they keep winning, he definitely won’t be giving up his job.  Regardless of who is “advising” on the daily lineup cards.

Let's cool the jets on "if they keep winning". They took 2 out of 3 from the Tigers, the 30th ranked team in total runs scored! Prior to that, they lost 2 of 3 from the Rangers and 2 of 3 from the Dodgers. Plus the Sox still have a ton of injuries and there is no guarantee this team will ever be 100 percent healthy. Although we all hope and pray for that, the track record doesn't give us any hope!

If this season gets uglier and we miss the playoffs, I assure you TLR does not return. Even the POS Reinsdorf won't be able to protect his buddy from the national and local screaming for his termination. 

2 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Let's cool the jets on "if they keep winning". They took 2 out of 3 from the Tigers, the 30th ranked team in total runs scored! Prior to that, they lost 2 of 3 from the Rangers and 2 of 3 from the Dodgers. Plus the Sox still have a ton of injuries and there is no guarantee this team will ever be 100 percent healthy. Although we all hope and pray for that, the track record doesn't give us any hope!

If this season gets uglier and we miss the playoffs, I assure you TLR does not return. Even the POS Reinsdorf won't be able to protect his buddy from the national and local screaming for his termination. 

I know all about counting chickens before being hatched and all that, but I'm pretty sure they will be sweeping the Tiggers.

4 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

They spent last year smashing bad to mediocre teams. They weren't even doing that this year. Seeing as this is the POSITIVE thread, I will just say that I am positive that I enjoy this more, and there 100% is a path to the playoffs just by owning the awful teams in MLB.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They spent last year smashing bad to mediocre teams. They weren't even doing that this year. Seeing as this is the POSITIVE thread, I will just say that I am positive that I enjoy this more, and there 100% is a path to the playoffs just by owning the awful teams in MLB.

I fully appreciate your point they crushed the division last year and didn't do as well outside it. To be positive, they have done well against the teams outside our division. However, everyone is assuming we will crush the central the rest of the year. I pray we do crush them. Yet right now, we are 8-13 against the central. 

I do agree with most here that if hypothetically we could ever be healthy for a long stretch, then yes we could win this division. Yet we haven't been able to do that for two seasons. 

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Positive thread sir. There's every single other thread for negativity. Thank you for your passion though! No buzz off to every other thread. 

😊

SWEEEEEEEEPPPPPP. 

KEEP THAT LINE MOVING. 

Great effort by the boys. Like the piggy back, also should allow flexibility if needed for one of those guys to step in on their bullpen day and pitch 2-3 innings if need be. 

Harrison batting .318 in June... making that decision Monday on him/Mendick tougher. Maybe a fake Leury injury?? Who knows. But glad it's at least a decision that takes pause. 2 weeks ago Harrison was dead in the water. 

5 minutes ago, he gone. said:

SWEEEEEEEEPPPPPP. 

KEEP THAT LINE MOVING. 

Great effort by the boys. Like the piggy back, also should allow flexibility if needed for one of those guys to step in on their bullpen day and pitch 2-3 innings if need be. 

Harrison batting .318 in June... making that decision Monday on him/Mendick tougher. Maybe a fake Leury injury?? Who knows. But glad it's at least a decision that takes pause. 2 weeks ago Harrison was dead in the water. 

Harrison may actually be safe until Eloy returns.  Rosters are set to go 13 position player / 13 pitchers on Monday and Sox have been rolling with 12 position players lately.