Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
he gone.

POSITIVE THREAD

Recommended Posts

Easier to be negative than positive. 

Come here with positivity and keep the line movin'!

 

I'll start. How about Mendick and Burger being the MVP's of June!? This season has been on the brink and Anderson going down could've been a spiral based on how Leury, Yoan and Harrison have been playing. Both Burger and Danny are putting this team on their back and carrying them currently. love to see it. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are things to be positive about and Mendick and Burger have played well. And the injured will be returning although I have some doubts about Eloy and Lynn. 

Benneti made a valid point during a broadcast. If the Sox offense is going to produce, Grandal and Moncada have to contribute. I would hope they would since I can't see them putting up Adam Dunn type numbers for the whole year. It was good to see Grandal deliver with 3 RBIs against Texas. Moncada got a hit right-handed and maybe he should stop switch hitting? Perhaps Grandal should stop looking for walks? How about swinging at the first pitch a few times?

But then again, there are the games when the Sox regress into some ugly stuff. Do that less and I'll feel better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Boo!

Why would Moncada give up switch hitting when he looked good yesterday against a lefty? 

He hasn't had Jose Valentin-esque splits since the end of 2018...

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, he gone. said:

Easier to be negative than positive. 

Come here with positivity and keep the line movin'!

 

I'll start. How about Mendick and Burger being the MVP's of June!? This season has been on the brink and Anderson going down could've been a spiral based on how Leury, Yoan and Harrison have been playing. Both Burger and Danny are putting this team on their back and carrying them currently. love to see it. 

I like it ! It's easy to be negative especially in game thread where a team playing bad with so many individual guys being bad offensively and defensively is hard to take.

So many now expect the worst and forget they are fans and want the team to win (except weird people who want the Sox to lose so TLR gets fired and say Screw you as their 1st reaction to your easy going plea for kindness).

Let's go boys !! This division is easily winnable when more people start contributing including us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easiest schedule in the AL the rest of the season.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, wegner said:

Easiest schedule in the AL the rest of the season.

But they don’t have to play the White Sox…!  That could have both positive and negative interpretations.

Of course, the first thought is we have played the better teams more competitively than some of the lower tier squads. That obviously has to change.

Edited by caulfield12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All but a few hitters on the roster are having the worst stretch of their careers. If these players were playing only slightly below expectations then this team is in first place.

The Twins are leading the division but have mostly been carried by strong offensive performances. They are a good team, but the Sox roster could be better if our players return to form. The Guardians are more well-rounded than they have been in years past, but they also do not have the two or three great starters we are used to seeing on their teams.

If the White Sox are able to get what is expected out of their players then this team could very easily go on a run to win the division. 5 games over the remaining 106 games is not that many to get back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I texted my Twins fan friend this but I think by the All Star break, the Sox will, if not be in first place, at least close.  The offense is starting to put it together.  Getting TA back is going to help a lot.  And when we get Eloy back, that will be huge as well.  And getting Lynn back will be a shot in the arm to the rotation, as well as the bullpen as he will have the ability to eat a lot innings.  

I like the way Mendick is playing right now.  Having said that, I would love to see Hahn do what the Braves did last year and make targeted acquisitions that force some of these players to have to compete to be in the lineup each day.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11-7 finish to the month looks doable heading into a July-September schedule that literally couldn’t be softer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

All but a few hitters on the roster are having the worst stretch of their careers. If these players were playing only slightly below expectations then this team is in first place.

The Twins are leading the division but have mostly been carried by strong offensive performances. They are a good team, but the Sox roster could be better if our players return to form. The Guardians are more well-rounded than they have been in years past, but they also do not have the two or three great starters we are used to seeing on their teams.

If the White Sox are able to get what is expected out of their players then this team could very easily go on a run to win the division. 5 games over the remaining 106 games is not that many to get back.

Bieber, McKenzie and Quantrill have been solid.  The big problem has been with Cy Civale.  But Bieber isn’t quite at his Cy Young form from 2-3 years ago.

Twins in the middle of the pack pitching wise, but better ERAs and BAA than Sox, #15 compared to #18/20. 
WHIP 13th vs. White Sox 26th.

The Twins have already had to go ten deep across the rotation.

The White Sox have used Martin, VV, Cueto and Lambert, so actually pretty similar although Twins clearly worse off now with Lynn coming back soon.  That would be ten for the Sox as well.  Keuchel and Paddack gone.  Twins might get Maeda back in the second half, and much more freedom financially and minor league depth chart to make deals.  Attendance trending much better in the last 2-3 weeks, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

I texted my Twins fan friend this but I think by the All Star break, the Sox will, if not be in first place, at least close.  The offense is starting to put it together.  Getting TA back is going to help a lot.  And when we get Eloy back, that will be huge as well.  And getting Lynn back will be a shot in the arm to the rotation, as well as the bullpen as he will have the ability to eat a lot innings.  

I like the way Mendick is playing right now.  Having said that, I would love to see Hahn do what the Braves did last year and make targeted acquisitions that force some of these players to have to compete to be in the lineup each day.  

The odds of Jimenez sticking in the outfield without getting hurt or harming others…slim and none.  Remember last year he never really got locked in for a prolonged stretch in the entire second half, never really seemed comfortable or dangerous at the plate like past years.

Lynn is up against it with his conditioning and coming back mid year.  Think of all the veteran FA’s who signed in June after QO dates expired and just never got untracked.  Lynn has to be throwing mid 90’s to be effective.

TA7 is obvious key.

And what dud your Twins’ friend say about your opinion?  Agreed or disagreed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears someone is pissed enough to actually tell TLR what to do now. That is a very positive development. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every day is one day closer to TLR not managing this team!

  • Like 1
  • Fire 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

Every day is one day closer to TLR not managing this team!

If they keep winning, he definitely won’t be giving up his job.  Regardless of who is “advising” on the daily lineup cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

But they don’t have to play the White Sox…!  That could have both positive and negative interpretations.

Of course, the first thought is we have played the better teams more competitively than some of the lower tier squads. That obviously has to change.

I don't appreciate you negativing up my positivity post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

I texted my Twins fan friend this but I think by the All Star break, the Sox will, if not be in first place, at least close.  The offense is starting to put it together.  Getting TA back is going to help a lot.  And when we get Eloy back, that will be huge as well.  And getting Lynn back will be a shot in the arm to the rotation, as well as the bullpen as he will have the ability to eat a lot innings.  

I like the way Mendick is playing right now.  Having said that, I would love to see Hahn do what the Braves did last year and make targeted acquisitions that force some of these players to have to compete to be in the lineup each day.  

Eloy will be back! And then will strain his left ring finger stepping on 3rd too hard after a home run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still on track for 109.  WSWS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

winning record and improvement vs yankees, rays and red sox

should have the roster whole again in the next month

have played bad baseball for 2+ months but aren’t buried

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the theme. I feel like I'm at Woodstock. Peace and Love everybody you're beautiful! 

I don't think it takes dropping acid to see rainbows and this team winning the central. As John Sebastian sang "it's ok to shoot for the moon" so predicting the Sox to be the hottest team heading into October isn't crazy. 

Yesterday I had a dream going up country coming into Los Angeles that in a sea of madness were some wooden ships which put rainbows over my blues. 

Heads predicted bum day yesterday and nailed it. I'm predicting lights out pitching. Combined two hit shutout. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

If they keep winning, he definitely won’t be giving up his job.  Regardless of who is “advising” on the daily lineup cards.

That’s not the point. There is a date that TLR will stop managing this team. Today we are closer to that date than yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

That’s not the point. There is a date that TLR will stop managing this team. Today we are closer to that date than yesterday. 

Of you mean by winning the World Series this year and final retirement, maybe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×