Grandal exits game, apparent leg injury

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Seby some how going to make his return to this roster before they call him up 

While I never want to see Seby in the bigs again, he’s raked in aaa this year. His OPS is well ahead of Perez who has cooled off. 

12 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Why was he playing again? With all the rest they've given guys, you play him b2b, night/day game???

Is there a reason why this game is even scheduled at 1 PM? Aren't Saturday games usually at 6? 

58 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

You can’t be surprised by a > 30 year old catcher who missed 6 weeks for knee surgery last year having a leg injury. You’d be absolutely stunned if he had none all year!

This is why he has caught less than half the games this year.

17 minutes ago, flavum said:

Zavala is in the lineup tonight, fwiw

https://www.milb.com/gameday/knights-vs-bats/2022/06/11/665627#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=665627

He was listed in the tweet sent out by the Knights 14 minutes ago, but the game just started and now Fernandez is listed in his spot.

Just now, Timmy U said:

I don’t think he is. Neither Perez or Zavala is in there. They called up Xavier Fernandez from Birmingham to catch, unless MiLB is wrong.

Ah, ok thanks. Thought when I clicked on there before I posted he was in lineup.

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

You can’t be surprised by a > 30 year old catcher who missed 6 weeks for knee surgery last year having a leg injury. You’d be absolutely stunned if he had none all year!

You can say that with almost every player that has been in the IL this year. They are on it every year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

I don’t think he is. Neither Perez or Zavala is in there. They called up Xavier Fernandez from Birmingham to catch, unless MiLB is wrong.

My gut says Zavala gets the call but I want to see Perez. 

Whitesox will Whitesox though and it will be Zavala…