Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

20 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think Tony “retires” if the Sox miss the playoffs or win the WS. Anything else, he may be back for his age 78 season.

Without a doubt if they miss the playoffs. 

There will be an excuse of the season being too hard on his health or something like that.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

He shouldn’t but Tony thinks differently from most coaches and managers. Most managers publicly say the wins are because of the players, the losses are on me, even though we know even great teams lose 60 times a year. What he did with that intentional walk business was just the opposite. He said he make the right call, and his players didn’t execute. Just saying something like my bad shouldn’t be that hard.

He did take responsibility for the loss after the game.

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

I dont know if i agree yet. It all depends on where the team finishes. Ends justify the means.

If they get healthy and beat up on the easy schedule, nothing will change

This team is 11th in MLB in most days of the IL used and that has improved over the last month. They are only slightly less healthy then an average team: For how old this roster is they are as healthy as you could plausibly expect. The concept that this is somehow a surprising number or that it will improve later this season remains the second most ludicrous idea about this team next to the idea that LaRussa knows what he’s doing. 

Our next opponent, the Tigers, have lost Mize, Rodriguez, Turnbull, Pineda, and Manning. As well as Baez, Candelario, Grossman, Meadows, Chafin, and more. That’s 5 starting pitcher they’ve lost, in addition to an all star OF and their big IF signing for a while. They have a legitimate excuse right now.

People should be laughing at the idea that the white Sox have an unusual injury problem compared to them, or the Mets or others.

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

This team is 11th in MLB in most days of the IL used and that has improved over the last month. They are only slightly less healthy then an average team: For how old this roster is they are as healthy as you could plausibly expect. The concept that this is somehow a surprising number or that it will improve later this season remains the second most ludicrous idea about this team next to the idea that LaRussa knows what he’s doing. 

Our next opponent, the Tigers, have lost Mize, Rodriguez, Turnbull, Pineda, and Manning. As well as Baez, Candelario, Grossman, Meadows, Chafin, and more. That’s 5 starting pitcher they’ve lost, in addition to an all star OF and their big IF signing for a while. They have a legitimate excuse right now.

People should be laughing at the idea that the white Sox have an unusual injury problem compared to them, or the Mets or others.

And Riley Greene has been out this whole time as well…fwiw, Skubal has been their best pitcher by far, albeit getting little to no run support.

Edited by caulfield12

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Not all injuries are the same. Just adding up days of IL doesn't tell the whole story. I'd like to see IL computed based on WAR at a minimum. We might be above average health, who knows. 

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

I don't have a problem with him going as ultimately he is the manager and responsible for the team performance.  However with the poor hitting and injuries, I can't see anyone really doing much better.

Managers just really don't matter that much in baseball and I'll stick with it.

You phrased that wrong.

Managers shouldn’t have that much of an impact in baseball. The “good” ones don’t. 

Tony La Russa has ABSOLUTELY mattered since he’s been here, and for all the wrong reasons. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

And the Tigers are worse than the Sox for a record. Makes sense with more injuries. If the six are 11th that means they have had more injuries than most. It is improving and the record will need to improve to make the playoffs. 

Edited by ptatc

DE49E456-B222-4F16-957B-40F0FE8A33B6.png

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Not all injuries are the same. Just adding up days of IL doesn't tell the whole story. I'd like to see IL computed based on WAR at a minimum. We might be above average health, who knows. 

Go to town, this site scales their data by a projected WAR factor. This actually makes the white Sox look like they’ve lost fewer WAR to injury than an average team. Healthier than average! 

Google images shares their content but doesn’t include the details of the calculation. Having watched it for a couple years I can say they’re counting Eloy as almost nothing right now compared to last year: if you want more you will have to subscribe.

https://www.mangameslost.com/category/mlb/ 

16 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

DE49E456-B222-4F16-957B-40F0FE8A33B6.png

Go to town, this site scales their data by a projected WAR factor. This actually makes the white Sox look like they’ve lost fewer WAR to injury than an average team. Healthier than average! 

Google images shares their content but doesn’t include the details of the calculation. Having watched it for a couple years I can say they’re counting Eloy as almost nothing right now compared to last year: if you want more you will have to subscribe.

https://www.mangameslost.com/category/mlb/ 

With how bad the team has played, I'm not surprised that the WAR is lower.

Just like last year when Goodwin and Hamilton were playing out of their minds it looked like they lost less WAR.

To
rhahn@chisox.comrhahn@chisox.com
Cc
kwilliams@chisox.comkwilliams@chisox.com
Jun 12 at 10:42 AM

“Fire Tony!” chants from the Comiskey Cellular Rate stands? They’re not wrong, and that negativity, embarrassment and loss are all your fault. Remember this song?

Edited by caulfield12

32 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:
To
rhahn@chisox.comrhahn@chisox.com
Cc
kwilliams@chisox.comkwilliams@chisox.com
Jun 12 at 10:42 AM

“Fire Tony!” chants from the Comiskey Cellular Rate stands? They’re not wrong, and that negativity, embarrassment and loss are all your fault. Remember this song?

The time must end for White Sox Gar/Pax, along with Jerry who hobbled the Bulls until Michael took over the day to day.

Edited by South Side Hit Men