Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

I wont be satisfied with Tony's departure. It needs to be Hahn as well, and any of the "old thinking" FO types that hold our organization back in the dark ages. Menechino, Clark, the whole minor league coaches and scouting, do it all. TLR is like that pimple you get when you eat 6 slices of pizza. Pop it and its just going to come back the next time you binge. And shit do we do a lot of binging. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

I wont be satisfied with Tony's departure. It needs to be Hahn as well, and any of the "old thinking" FO types that hold our organization back in the dark ages. Menechino, Clark, the whole minor league coaches and scouting, do it all. TLR is like that pimple you get when you eat 6 slices of pizza. Pop it and its just going to come back the next time you binge. And shit do we do a lot of binging. 

TLR, Hahn and Williams organization needs to be totally revamped.

Edited by Soxfest

Knowing we're stuck with Tony at the helm seems to be sucking a lot of the fun out of following the team for me.

I think the most entertained I was today came during the post-game, when Ozzie criticized Burger for getting engaged and said the guy who invented exit velocity should be jailed, lol.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

This is why i laugh at anyone who wants Ozzie to be manager. He would keep us in the dark ages.

"I think it’s one of those things that’s coming around. You could see it. You see more personality on the field, a lot of people more vocal, showing that they’re having fun. I think the game is heading in a good direction. I’m just not a fan of analytics and all the other things that go on, so I try not to dig too much into that. It’s heading in a great way in terms of personality and being able to show clothes, and show your vibes really."     Tim Anderson

20 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

"I think it’s one of those things that’s coming around. You could see it. You see more personality on the field, a lot of people more vocal, showing that they’re having fun. I think the game is heading in a good direction. I’m just not a fan of analytics and all the other things that go on, so I try not to dig too much into that. It’s heading in a great way in terms of personality and being able to show clothes, and show your vibes really."     Tim Anderson

It's fine for players to think that way, but it is not fine for a FO or manager to think that way. Too bad Jerry and the people he hires from Hawk to Kenny to Ozzie to Tony rely on their Gut, and "TWTW" analytics.

12 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It's fine for players to think that way, but it is not fine for a FO or manager to think that way. Too bad Jerry and the people he hires from Hawk to Kenny to Ozzie to Tony rely on their Gut, and "TWTW" analytics.

One of those analysts is Dave Duncan's son. A guy who has no experience in math, statistics, data analysis, or science.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, reiks12 said:

I’m all for regime change but do we really trust Jerry to bring in the right people to fix this? I’m getting very GarPaxy vibes from Hahn and co. Just not having a clue on how to build a real contender, not being able to keep guys healthy, not investing in scouting, player development, making lazy moves that don’t move the needle and there’s a common denominator at both organizations: Jerry

He’s a great businessman but is way too damn loyal to those below him which is great for them but creates mediocre results because those in charge become unimaginative. 

I know it’s cliche but I feel like until Jerry is gone this will never get better, it’s sad af too because all of us invest so much time, energy, and money into this organization just to be given the middle finger back by them cutting so many corners in the way they do baseball business. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

They sure as hell quit the last 2 weeks of 2020. 

No, they didn't play well and were out of starting pitching and gas with the limited depth Hahn had going into the season. Part of it was the fact the FO and most fans didn't expect the Sox to compete for the Division in 2020, they were a year away. The sixty game schedule was the primary factor they were "in it" with their limited roster.

Quitting is not giving their all, half assing it to first base, lazy throws and fielding. What Tony's team does on a regular basis, not to mention regression in fundamentals and baseball intelligence under Tony's watch.

2020 - 17th in payroll, bumped to 15th to 7th for Tony, and the team has played worse as the payroll has increased (.583 under Ricky, .574 and .466 under Tony). Not to mention Ricky was saddled with a smaller hand-me-down staff, including Don Cooper vs. Ethan Katz. If Tony was stuck with Don Cooper, they may be at or under .500 (2021-2022), since Katz was responsible for fixing both Cease and Rodon, in addition to fixing Lucas during Katz' offseasons in San Francisco. Don Cooper's primary accomplishment the final decade with the Sox was serving as Kenny's snitch in the dugout, including undermining Ozzie Guillen.

54 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

If Crochet doesn’t get hurt game 3 and goes 2-3 inning in that playoff series, Sox advance.

This, or if Hahn actually had an actual third starter on the team available. or if Keuchel didn't shit the bed Amber Heard Style in Game 2.

The Sox were completely AWOL in Games 1 and 4 of the 2021 ALDS. Tony's primary concern was bean ball / unwritten rules with the team down 10-1 and facing elimination. Whereas they battled back in Games 2 and 3 in Oakland, despite having 5 innings from their "starters" Keuchel, Dunning and Crochet.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

10 minutes ago, flavum said:

If they fire him next Monday after the Houston series, it would be exactly 36 years apart. Won’t happen, but the symmetry would be cool. 

It takes a man to do a man’s job in this organization, and the one man who could and has, Hawk Harrelson, is gone now.  

• Like 2
  • Fire 2