Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

22 minutes ago, Quin said:

I forget who recommended the CHGO podcast, but man is it cathartic.

Listening to that. The Cease bullpen thing -they’re wrong. It was a side session because of the change of rotation…because of the Kopech injury. I never once thought they were using Cease today. 

Edited by flavum

7 hours ago, reiks12 said:

I wont be satisfied with Tony's departure. It needs to be Hahn as well, and any of the "old thinking" FO types that hold our organization back in the dark ages. Menechino, Clark, the whole minor league coaches and scouting, do it all. TLR is like that pimple you get when you eat 6 slices of pizza. Pop it and its just going to come back the next time you binge. And shit do we do a lot of binging. 

Sox should have never stooped so low to tank. Maybe the baseball gods are getting even. Something's up with all these injuries.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

Listening to that. The Cease bullpen thing -they’re wrong. It was a side session because of the change of rotation…because of the Kopech injury. I never once thought they were using Cease today. 

Isn't it a little bit strange they do it in the middle of a close game? Why not just have him throw a bullpen after the game is over?

8 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I wish he was Bevington.  At least he didn't have felonies and a racist past.

Felonies don't get prosecuted anymore; haven't heard anything about Tony being racist. I am doubting that's the case. Serious charges by you vs. Tony here. I am against those who get DUI's. Do I have friends who have gotten them? Yes. Many. I might be disappointed in them but didn't dump them as friends.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

Felonies don't get prosecuted anymore; haven't heard anything about Tony being racist. I am doubting that's the case. Serious charges by you vs. Tony here. I am against those who get DUI's. Do I have friends who have gotten them? Yes. Many. I might be disappointed in them but didn't dump them as friends.

What kind of nonsense is this

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

Sox should have never stooped so low to tank. Maybe the baseball gods are getting even. Something's up with all these injuries.

Maybe Tony sucks ass and you just won't admit it?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Tony has been manager now for 

51,062,400 seconds

851,040 minutes

14,184 hours

591 days

84 weeks and 3 days 

For the love of God and baseball isn't that long enough??!

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

smh, i thought you would know better to not engage greg in any kind of discussion by 2022

For the most part I abstain, I know the reply that is coming.  But I still have a strong "what the fuck, man?" response

• Like 1

7 hours ago, flavum said:

Do starters normally do side sessions in the middle of a game?  Or in the actual stadium bullpens?  Don’t they have facilities downstairs for that?  I can’t say I’ve ever seen that before, and the broadcast sure made it seem like an abnormal thing. 

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Do starters normally do side sessions in the middle of a game?  Or in the actual stadium bullpens?  Don’t they have facilities downstairs for that?  I can’t say I’ve ever seen that before, and the broadcast sure made it seem like an abnormal thing. 

It’s rare but it does happen. Most of the time if they do it, it’s early in a game when no one is paying attention to the bullpen. Yesterday everyone was watching the pen from the first inning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

I feel like I have seen this before.   My guess is they try and do it before the game but maybe they were going to try and get an inning out of him as well.

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

I feel like I have seen this before.   My guess is they try and do it before the game but maybe they were going to try and get an inning out of him as well.

I don’t think they do it mid game unless they thought they might need an inning or so.  It really didn’t seem like a standard side session.