Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

12 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

It shouldn't even come down to how the team finishes. He is doing a horrible job right now and has been all season. He deserves to be fired today. TLR has as much talent as the Phillies and Angels and both those managers with World Series rings on their resume; were fired!

I think it might be different with a 12 game losing streak Ala Maddon. But apparently Maddon didn't get along with or listen to anyone and that losing streak was just a good excuse.

21 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

It shouldn't even come down to how the team finishes. He is doing a horrible job right now and has been all season. He deserves to be fired today. TLR has as much talent as the Phillies and Angels and both those managers with World Series rings on their resume; were fired!

To be far, the white sox have far more talent than either of those teams.. So it makes it worse haha

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

Jerry Reinsdorf’s “loyalty has never served the Bulls or Sox well. Its been to a fault every time.

I'd say Jerry Krause is the exception to the rule, though it's questionable whether the Bulls would have won anything if Portland selects Jordan instead of Sam Bowie.

Krause did a great job building his two supporting casts. jerry was done paying everyone after the last championship, and they have been a top team in attendance ever since, despite having awful stretches after 1998, so win win for Jerry.

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I'd say Jerry Krause is the exception to the rule, though it's questionable whether the Bulls would have won anything if Portland selects Jordan instead of Sam Bowie.

Krause did a great job building his two supporting casts. jerry was done paying everyone after the last championship, and they have been a top team in attendance ever since, despite having awful stretches after 1998, so win win for Jerry.

That he let Paxson stay on after the punch and then after the "three amigos" season is wild. It apparently came down to Michael Reinsdorf firing Garpax.

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I fall on Jordan making Krause. He never did a thing without Jordan. Krause did his job with the GOAT though.

The Dynasty probably had another title or 2 in them. Chose Krause over Phil, and that was it

Edited by Chick Mercedes

19 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

They aren't chanting against their team.

They are chanting against the moron sabatoging it. 

Knowing what you do for a living,  you know the difference as well.

But please, keep up the act.

Smart fans IMO realize LaRussa isn't sabatoging anything. As a fan my problems with him are thus: I don't like having a different lineup every day; I agree that sucks. ... I don't like him screwing up Yermin's career last year basically by calling him out; I don't like walking any hitter with a 1-2 count. 

Problems I don't have with him: Bullpen usage (those pitchers stink with the exception of closer); pitching decisions (the pitching coach probably makes most of the calls); the injuries (bad trainers? bad luck?) and the team's hitting (horrible players to go with a few MLB caliber hitters).

I'd give Tony a D for this year; B plus or A minus for entire career. Prolly A- for the 3 titles. He's not the devil folks

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

17 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Smart fans IMO realize LaRussa isn't sabatoging anything. As a fan my problems with him are thus: I don't like having a different lineup every day; I agree that sucks. ... I don't like him screwing up Yermin's career last year basically by calling him out; I don't like walking any hitter with a 1-2 count. 

Problems I don't have with him: Bullpen usage (those pitchers stink with the exception of closer); pitching decisions (the pitching coach probably makes most of the calls); the injuries (bad trainers? bad luck?) and the team's hitting (horrible players to go with a few MLB caliber hitters).

I'd give Tony a D for this year; B plus or A minus for entire career. Prolly A- for the 3 titles. He's not the devil folks

You hear that Soxtalk? greg just called about 85% of you not smart.

I give this a solid B on the greg trolling scale. If I am going to be honest, it's not your best work, especially with your background. 

20 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You hear that Soxtalk? greg just called about 85% of you not smart.

I give this a solid B on the greg trolling scale. If I am going to be honest, it's not your best work, especially with your background. 

I think most Sox fans would gladly accept a 10-game winning streak when the team gets healthy and they'll be silenced about Tony. I just don't think it's logical or 'smart' to think Tony is the problem. Sox fans in this situation are totally overvaluing the lousy players in this lineup and in this bullpen. I notice nobody else is giving a grade to Tony for this year and his career as I've been doing.

Edited by greg775

7 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I think most Sox fans would gladly accept a 10-game winning streak when the team gets healthy and they'll be silenced about Tony. I just don't think it's logical or 'smart' to think Tony is the problem. Sox fans in this situation are totally overvaluing the lousy players in this lineup and in this bullpen. I notice nobody else is giving a grade to Tony for this year and his career as I've been doing.

So you have never written about firing a coach or manager?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony

Ricky

What can I say? I'm a fan. Fans often are emotional stupid pieces of dung so to speak. Sure I change my mind. I'm a lifelong Sox fan, baby. I lose my patience at certain points, of course I do. ... I'd like to stay consistent at all times but obviously I fall short. I do try to always support my all time favorites like Jose, Konerko, Dye, Ozzie, Jenks. ... I would like to say my heart won't be broken if Tony got fired (which he won't cause he's the owner's best friend for gosh sakes). I've rated his performance as a D so far this year ,but I also dont mind if he remains the manager. The injuries and makeup of the team (Hahn's job) are the real problems.

Edited by greg775

On 6/15/2022 at 2:13 PM, South Side Hit Men said:

When the promise is broken

You go on living, but it steals something from down in your soul

Like when the truth is spoken, and it don't make no difference

Something in your heart turns cold

Tony went down to the courthouse, Jerry's Judge bribe put it all to rest....

Another great choice.