Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

4 minutes ago, superchops70 said:

Then he needs to stick to his word and leave, because the players have most definitely given up. 

It’s too subjective. There’s no way to prove it, so it’s a completely meaningless thing for him to say and I’m sure he knows that.

Just now, Snopek said:

It’s too subjective. There’s no way to prove it, so it’s a completely meaningless thing for him to say and I’m sure he knows that.

Yep and he has the injury card in his back pocket to play. He has more of a chance to be fired than he does walking away and that is already at zero percent.

12 minutes ago, superchops70 said:

Not that I heard. I guess the fan base has given up as well. Sad!

Fans don't even care.  The last two games have been so bad nobody gives a shit.  

Literally nobody cared about yesterday's game.

My two college ages sons made the Sox must see tv in 20 and 21....now it's meh if nothing is going on they'll check in. Casual Fans don't give a flying fuck about this team. 

Another blown opportunity to engage the city especially with it imploding upon itself.

Fuck this organization I feel like an idiot for caring.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 4

Was at the game.... and I'll say absolutely amazing to get 1 hit by a bullpen game from the orioles. 

Approach and focus on a daily basis is nonexistant. This team plays such  dumb baseball. La russa has undoubtedly taken the hands off these are big leaguers approach. This team lacks basic fundamental consistency on offense and defense. Discipline starts at the top, it's the one thing a coach can instill and promote; effort and discipline.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Was at the game.... and I'll say absolutely amazing to get 1 hit by a bullpen game from the orioles. 

Approach and focus on a daily basis is nonexistant. This team plays such  dumb baseball. La russa has undoubtedly taken the hands off these are big leaguers approach. This team lacks basic fundamental consistency on offense and defense. Discipline starts at the top, it's the one thing a coach can instill and promote; effort and discipline.

Right, I felt at times last year TLR was the first Sox manager in a long time that had the club consistently playing sharp ready baseball. That feeling faded in the 2nd half and has disappeared completely. The team quit tonight, if not in effort -- then upstairs. 

It's time to clean house from Hahn down and find a new better GM before Hahn wastes the unique position the Sox were in entering the last two offseasons -- which Hahn completely blew.

• Like 1

The real firing needs to come at the top. But JR has controlling interest, so many in the organization are old and feeble and don't care, and so there can be no way JR can be wrested from the CEO position. LaRussa was his stupid idea. And he's a recluse who watches as the franchise loses credibility. Suddenly, the rebuild doesn't look so hot.

7 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

The problem is they won't recognize the decrease in gate sales and concessions until it's too late to save fan interest with a move.

They know.  Whether they actually do something about it is debatable, but those guys understand the gate.  This is the same team that makes us sit in rain for two hours before calling a game to pick up some concession sales

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wasn't there a recent quote from LaRussa himself basically saying that what matters is the players in the dugout and if basically if they ever quit on him then it would be time to move on?  Is that just wishing thinking on my part or projecting what I want to hear and not what he actually said??

34 minutes ago, wegner said:

Wasn't there a recent quote from LaRussa himself basically saying that what matters is the players in the dugout and if basically if they ever quit on him then it would be time to move on?  Is that just wishing thinking on my part or projecting what I want to hear and not what he actually said??

It's on the top of this page 

• Thanks 1

I wish some sportswriter would ask Hahn how he, and IMO correctly,  determined Renteria wasn't going to lead this team to where it wanted to be, can watch this everyday and still cling to hope they have the right guy. They downgraded. I have never been a LaRussa fan, but I figured he would at least be better than Reneria running a bullpen. That has proven to be wrong. And almost every game he makes some decision against all norms in order to try to be smarter than everyone else, that doesn't work. There isn't a manager alive who if he was trying to win last night, wouldn't have pinch hit for Sheets in the 8th. Except one. Fire him. Fire the GM who had a terrible offseason, and hire someone who realizes baseball isn't brain surgery.

The sooner Tony goes home, the better the chances you can salvage something this season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

I've spent so many years sitting through bad seasons, and this would be just another, if not for the fact that they had me believing in all of their hype . it's difficult to just give up though, and i will continue to watch until the end.

Same I can’t look away. I have the sickness. But we diehards deserve so much better.