Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

The Sox have an opportunity here for a fairly free look. If Tony quits or is asked to leave at the end of the season, he almost assuredly will be replaced by someone in house. That’s what they do. I’ll go with Cairo as the odds on favorite. Tony walks around with one shoulder higher than the other, tell people he is walking away for physical reasons, everyone will know it’s BS but who cares? Make Cairo the interim, see how the team reacts. If they get hot, you bring him back and everyone is happy. If he’s bad, you just saved yourself a mistake. At this point even JR has to know that if this team somehow gets really hot, it’s not going to be because of Tony. It won’t happen. It makes too much sense, and JR has chosen Tony over the team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The Sox have an opportunity here for a fairly free look. If Tony quits or is asked to leave at the end of the season, he almost assuredly will be replaced by someone in house. That’s what they do. I’ll go with Cairo as the odds on favorite. Tony walks around with one shoulder higher than the other, tell people he is walking away for physical reasons, everyone will know it’s BS but who cares? Make Cairo the interim, see how the team reacts. If they get hot, you bring him back and everyone is happy. If he’s bad, you just saved yourself a mistake. At this point even JR has to know that if this team somehow gets really hot, it’s not going to be because of Tony. It won’t happen. It makes too much sense, and JR has chosen Tony over the team.

I wouldn’t make Cairo the permanent manager even if he took over tomorrow and led them to the Division title. They need to wipe that entire coaching staff out along with LaRussa. Enough with the dinosaur philosophy the Sox continue to run out there year after year

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

57 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I wonder if they would elevate Jirschelle?

5 hours ago, ptatc said:

I wonder if they would elevate Jirschelle?

I would hope so. He’s the only in house person I would actually have excitement about. Cairo is just a TLR yes man. I’m not a huge McEwing guy, but he’d be my 2nd choice for internal interim. But Jirechele is the guy. 

Forgive me if this was posted elsewhere, but this ESPN story is ridiculous. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34149317/short-handed-chicago-white-sox-understanding-their-legs-important-tell-some-players-slow-running-first-base

Solution to the injury problem? Don't try so hard!

Fuck this organization, man. This team makes me sad.

1 hour ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Forgive me if this was posted elsewhere, but this ESPN story is ridiculous. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34149317/short-handed-chicago-white-sox-understanding-their-legs-important-tell-some-players-slow-running-first-base

Saw that and almost threw up.  Lots of old-time baseball players are turning over in their urns.

2 hours ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Me too man. Really bummed out last couple days. Right when it seemed like we were poised to get over .500 and get back into the central race, the Sox take a giant dump on our hopes. Fandom hurts sometimes, and now is one of those times. 

• Like 1

Go look at injuries across baseball.  Injuries aren't the issue.   Roster construction, player usage and baseball stupid from Chairman on down to numerous players are the issue. 

Leury Garcia is the worst hitter in baseball and he is on a brand new 3 yr $15M contract......that's it, that's what is wrong with this moronic embarassing franchise. 

This organization cannot find anyone else capable of being the not worst player in baseball.

• Like 5

On 6/25/2022 at 9:47 AM, tray said:

The Yankees are the team to watch if you want to watch wins.

The Sox , even without the injuries, are well short on the talent needed to compete against the top tier teams.

Many on this forum lauded the signing of Grandal and the trade that brought Moncada. Those players are inconsequential at this point.

Our starting pitching is spotty and the bullpen is a joke.

The Sox may become sellers by the trade deadline.  Then tank it  and  bring up Colas., Colson Montgomery, etc and at least make losing an interesting pastime.

Our starting pitchers are our strength nowadays.

On 6/25/2022 at 8:47 AM, tray said:

The Yankees are the team to watch if you want to watch wins.

The Sox , even without the injuries, are well short on the talent needed to compete against the top tier teams.

Many on this forum lauded the signing of Grandal and the trade that brought Moncada. Those players are inconsequential at this point.

Our starting pitching is spotty and the bullpen is a joke.

The Sox may become sellers by the trade deadline.  Then tank it  and  bring up Colas., Colson Montgomery, etc and at least make losing an interesting pastime.

Sure give everyone the revenue from the YES network and a 250 million payroll and the teams will improve.

48 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Our starting pitchers are our strength nowadays.

I said that starting pitching has been spotty.  Kopech has been less than even he expected he would be in his last couple of starts. Lynn coming off surgery looked OK in his last start,  but Gio, who was our Ace at one point, has been in a funk.  Cueto has really helped stabilize the rotation.If Keuchekl was still no. 5, Sox would be in even worse shape. Cease is looking like the Ace right now.

17 hours ago, reiks12 said:

I just realized something, if the Sox turn it around and win the division we will see TLR again next season. 

The sad thing is only one of those is likely and it is not the one we all want!