Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

Welcome to The Real Wives Of Bitchport, to whom Richard Irvin remains deeply indebted for his massive 15% share of the governor's primary tally. Folks I happen to believe that the Chicago White Sox should be defended NOT defunded.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lololol

Tony not looking at or caring about results explains a lot

Forget saving the season at the point.  Save your fucking dignity and fire this man and attempt to cleanup the wake of mediocre destruction behind him 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lololol

I would like to point out the double standard given to a few at bats from Sosa and a half season of at bats with Leury.

Has there been any string of a few at bats this year where Leury has rolled over a few balls? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I would like to point out the double standard given to a few at bats from Sosa and a half season of at bats with Leury.

Has there been any string of a few at bats this year where Leury has rolled over a few balls? 

Thinking-cartoon-emoticon-vector.jpg

TLR looking at Leury in the batter's box.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

He was hunting hits because the jackass manager said he’d only get playing time if he was producing a hot streak offensively.

12 at bats to determine that he was suddenly scuffling?  

Zack Collins got hundreds of at-bats.  Of course, first round draft picks always get the most rope to hang themselves with.

• Like 2

This team didn't look all that impressive in 2020, 21, or 22. People were warned that this team would be caught in terms of talent and passed because we refuse to spend money correctly. The argument always was we have the most talent in the AL. Looking at it realistically, we don't....yet. Our guys haven't developed well and look average. 

I honestly don't really fault TLR for leaving starters in too long. He's not the only manager to do that. Questionable moves? Yes. But not "outlier" bad, and I feel like they take away from the legitimacy of the truly awful decisions he's making.

20 minutes ago, JoeC said:

I honestly don't really fault TLR for leaving starters in too long. He's not the only manager to do that. Questionable moves? Yes. But not "outlier" bad, and I feel like they take away from the legitimacy of the truly awful decisions he's making.

The problem is he can't recognize when a Starter is gassed. First evidence of this was Giolito in IIRC May of last year was gassed to start the 7th after a great six innings. Fans saw it, Lucas looked like it, everyone but Tony recognized.

After the game Lucas told reporters he was gassed but gave it his all. When the reporters circled back to Tony, Tony stated paraphrasing "He still had something left, wanted to stay in.". The reporters repeated Lucas' comments and Tony said, "Oh, he said that. I didn't know.".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lololol

What a jerk! Leury is the worst hitter in our club and needed to be pinched hit for, even more so against a lefty with Burger and Vaughn on the bench. TLR I s so bad that is comical.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Gonna be honest, our boy Mike is missing a lot on that list of bad decisions

There has been at least one bad TLR decision in every game this season, some starting with the lineups.  Mike’s list is underrepresenting the number of TLR screw ups.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The problem is he can't recognize when a Starter is gassed. First evidence of this was Giolito in IIRC May of last year was gassed to start the 7th after a great six innings. Fans saw it, Lucas looked like it, everyone but Tony recognized.

After the game Lucas told reporters he was gassed but gave it his all. When the reporters circled back to Tony, Tony stated paraphrasing "He still had something left, wanted to stay in.". The reporters repeated Lucas' comments and Tony said, "Oh, he said that. I didn't know.".

I will say there has been a balancing act between trying to get more out of his starters and not destroying his pen.  That bullpen has been an injury riddled mess for so much of the season that sometimes you HAVE to get more out of your starters, even if you really want to go to the pen.  So many sore arms and injuries make it a lot more difficult than "he should have gone to the pen"

I get WAY more upset about the situational stuff, and really not having a grasp of baseballs rules, etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Questioning every decision LaRussa   makes titillates some of the more aggressive posters here . Most weren't even alive in 1983.

Tony will almost certainly remain as Manager for the rest of the season which is only a few more months, so have some patience.

I'm still thankful that the Sox stayed in Chicago after  the Veecks, Harry Carey and moving broadcasts off free TV/ Channel 9 almost destroyed the franchise. That is  a wider perspective that some of the younger more immature fans are probably incapable of understanding. 

Edited by tray
  • Haha 2