Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

2 hours ago, tray said:

Questioning every decision LaRussa   makes titillates some of the more aggressive posters here . Most weren't even alive in 1983.

Tony will almost certainly remain as Manager for the rest of the season which is only a few more months, so have some patience.

I'm still thankful that the Sox stayed in Chicago after  the Veecks, Harry Carey and moving broadcasts off free TV/ Channel 9 almost destroyed the franchise. That is  a wider perspective that some of the younger more immature fans are probably incapable of understanding. 

The best way to have people tolerate Tony is obviously to mock them for not being old.

What if I told you that age has nothing to do with maturity,  and a guy like Tony is a prime example with his multiple arrests and race based accusations, among his history?

But apparently you are too old for that conversation. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tray said:

Questioning every decision LaRussa   makes titillates some of the more aggressive posters here . Most weren't even alive in 1983.

Shoot, some of these guys probably weren’t even alive in 1988 when TLR led the best team in baseball to a second place finish.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tray said:

Tony will almost certainly remain as Manager for the rest of the season which is only a few more months, so have some patience.

I'm still thankful that the Sox stayed in Chicago after  the Veecks, Harry Carey and moving broadcasts off free TV/ Channel 9 almost destroyed the franchise. That is  a wider perspective that some of the younger more immature fans are probably incapable of understanding. 

What in the world does any of this have to do with how garbage of a manager Tony is in 2022?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I will say there has been a balancing act between trying to get more out of his starters and not destroying his pen.  That bullpen has been an injury riddled mess for so much of the season that sometimes you HAVE to get more out of your starters, even if you really want to go to the pen.  So many sore arms and injuries make it a lot more difficult than "he should have gone to the pen"

I get WAY more upset about the situational stuff, and really not having a grasp of baseballs rules, etc.

Agreed.

Looked up the game I was referencing. Fifth start of the season, Lucas threw 114 pitches by the time he was pulled, with Detroit turning a 2-1 deficit into a 4-2 lead before Lucas was finally pulled.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA202104270.shtml

It was the disconnect with what was occurring, and also between Lucas' statements and Tony's opposite take. This was the second incident, after leaving Foster in forever in Seattle, that led me to believe Tony was out of his element far beyond my initial fears pre-season.

On 6/28/2022 at 11:02 AM, southsider2k5 said:

I am way more to apathy now.  I was angry early on because pretty much everything was obvious and predictable.  Now that it is happening, I feel helpless and disconnected.  I watch less and go less.

On 6/28/2022 at 11:08 AM, wegner said:

Yep, apathetic seems to be the more common sentiment and that is where I am as well.  But there's usually a layer of anger in there too.  I think a lot of Sox fans were really looking forward to a great summer of baseball and then we got whatever this is.

There’s a layer of disgust now for me that has replaced the earlier anger.  I float between apathy and disgust, they aren’t even worth getting angry over any more. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

24 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

There’s a layer of disgust now for me that has replaced the earlier anger.  I float between apathy and disgust, they aren’t even worth getting angry over any more. 

It was absolutely disgust for me at the only game I've seen in person as the Sox lost to the Orioles 4-0.  I sat and watched Baltimore totally out play them fundamentally, especially defensively.  

Once again, I understand why they fired him but this team under Renteria was fun to watch and easy to root for.  This team under LaRussa is frustrating and not very entertaining.  I don't know if they've quit on him but this team's problems go way deeper than injuries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tony is garbage but there is an overall lack of fundamentals and winning baseball structure in the organization as a whole it seams.

How does Burger reach MLB with that horrible back hand technique at 3rd base?

The total lack of patience and quality at bats has also been a staple of this organization for the last 10 years.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

The best way to have people tolerate Tony is obviously to mock them for not being old.

What if I told you that age has nothing to do with maturity,  and a guy like Tony is a prime example with his multiple arrests and race based accusations, among his history?

But apparently you are too old for that conversation. 

People age differently.  He seems lifeless and would be a perfect fit for the George Allen Redskins.

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Speaks to lacking that fire and motivation we've seen, team seems to be sleepwalking at times. Trailing early (and certainly can't blame that all on Keuchel anymore) can be demoralizing... if you let it get to you.

Seems like that can be where a manager actually does something to get the most out of their players. Ricky's boys something something...

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What’s juvenile about it?  Tony La Russa is completely incompetent and is going to cost us a playoff appearance this year due to his giant ego.  Glad to see he has one fan though!

And past that, he is quite literally an awful person off of the field.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What a stupid fucking asshole…I literally hate Tony with all my heart.  

I'm sorry you have to live with all the hate.  That's a heavy burden to carry  I didn't even hate my ex wife with all my heart. 

I hope you find some happiness. 

51 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'm sorry you have to live with all the hate.  That's a heavy burden to carry  I didn't even hate my ex wife with all my heart. 

I hope you find some happiness. 

🤣🤣🤣…yes, I must be filled with hate because I think Tony La Russa is an abomination of a manager and feel bad for Sox fans who suffered through a multi year rebuild to end up with this clown show.  But hey, I appreciate your concerns over my well being, especially with that much needed ex wife flex.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1