Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Even Leury had admitted he's sucked.

Just like Hahn just once in his career admitted to a mistake.

Hahn has owned the Tatis Jr. trade, calling himself a “jackass” in front of fans and telling MLB.com’s Scott Merkin, “That was probably the last deal we made with having a short-term mindset in mind.  Ultimately when this thing gets right, we are going to once again have a shorter time arising goal with our trades. It doesn’t mean you want to make a deal that haunts you for the long term, obviously.”  Every GM has a trade he’d like to take back.  Around that same time, the Marlins traded Luis Castillo, got him back due to a medical dispute, and then traded him again in the offseason.  It was also the summer where the Dodgers traded Yordan Alvarez, as outlined here.

Though Hahn admitted to Greenberg in 2017, “I probably physically cringe whenever I see a Tatis highlight,” the club embarked on what seems to have been a successful rebuilding effort after the ’16 season.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/04/how-did-the-white-sox-trade-fernando-tatis-jr.html

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

🤣🤣🤣…yes, I must be filled with hate because I think Tony La Russa is an abomination of a manager and feel bad for Sox fans who suffered through a multi year rebuild to end up with this clown show.  But hey, I appreciate your concerns over my well being, especially with that much needed ex wife flex.

I knew you'd be walking back your comment. 🤣

Hating someone you never met with all your heart is rather weird. Stalker-like actually. :lolhitting

Hello! Welcome to the White Sox Beat newsletter. Scott Merkin has covered the White Sox for MLB.com since 2003. Follow him on Twitter @scottmerkin and Facebook and listen to his podcast.

CHICAGO -- There are times after White Sox losses this season, and there were 39 of them entering Monday’s series opener at home against the Twins, where Tony La Russa looked downright distraught.

It’s an offshoot of his mantra focused upon do all you can to win each day and then worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes. But ask La Russa if he’s still having fun managing despite those down moments, as I did during a recent one-on-one interview, and his answer comes in milliseconds. 

“Oh, hell yeah,” said a smiling La Russa. “I know the season is a long way from being written.”

This brief question-and-answer session took place before Shohei Ohtani and the Angels beat the White Sox last Wednesday night in Anaheim. Imagine how much fun La Russa had this past weekend, as his team swept the Giants in San Francisco.

La Russa, who turns 78 on Oct. 4, is in his 35th season as a Major League manager and his second in his second run with the White Sox. He’s seen the good, the bad and the ugly over the course of his three World Series championships and six pennants, but aside from a few special squads, he’s rarely seen a comfortable run from start to finish over the true test that is a 162-game regular season.

In terms of when the game is played, two main factors come into play in La Russa’s mind, in a theory La Russa said was espoused by Gene Mauch. No. 1 is being ready to compete, and La Russa said, aside from an 11-1, Game 1 loss during a doubleheader in Cleveland on April 20, the White Sox have fulfilled that goal without issue.

“But the second point is, if that’s all you do, the decision is about who plays the best baseball,” La Russa said. “You can have the most talented team and they are taking bad at-bats, missing cutoff men, not running. And you can have another team that is fundamentally correct, making plays and making pitches and you can win.

“That’s the magic of this game. That’s what we preach. Already this year, the worst part is the best part, and that is there are legitimate expectations here. That’s the best part, and the worst part is when we struggle like we’ve struggled, you are not going to ask fans to look for everything that goes on. They look at what the score is.”

Losing results, especially at home, have led to "Fire Tony" chants from the crowd. But nobody takes these losses as hard as La Russa, who is his own worst critic.

“I’ve been through it a lot. I’m very accountable to me,” La Russa said. “Nobody is ever going to tell me you screwed up. I’ll know things I screwed up that nobody else noticed.

“Jack Buck, when we were together, said the best compliment I can give you, you are as big of a fan as any of our fans, and that’s the truth. I suffer like they do, and I don’t like them suffering. It’s not fun. But I have no problem being held accountable, because down deep I’m here to make things better. When they are not better, I’ll take the heat.”

Had this in my email inbox in its entirety but couldn’t find it posted yet anywhere online…

Edited by caulfield12

They had the perfect opportunity to move on when 2 well respected managers in Girardi and Maddon were let go.  Just like them, the Sox could've said it just wasn't working out.  Now my gut tells me they will use the injury excuse to let LaRussa finish his contract next year.

15 minutes ago, flavum said:

Three more months. Hopefully that will wrap up his time in the Sox organization. This coaching staff cannot return. None of them.

I just don’t see anyway that is happening, even though you are absolutely correct. 

7 hours ago, Dan Pasqua said:

The main problem with this team in all honesty begins with the catcher position.  We need a guy back there that knows how to command an entire pitching staff.  

This isn't even top 10 in problems with this team

• Like 2

13 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

“I’ve been through it a lot. I’m very accountable to me,” La Russa said. “Nobody is ever going to tell me you screwed up. I’ll know things I screwed up that nobody else noticed.

Just leaving this here.

• Haha 2