Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

17 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean……todays gotta do the trick, right!?

If nothing happens after this series loss to Kansas Fucking City (yes I realize that's abbreviated KFC) in the middle of a pennant race, which shouldn't even be a race at all, in the MIDDLE OF AUGUST, I might revoke my fandom. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

if TLR wants back he will get that opportunity. They have a myriad of excuses they can tell the fanbase to justify it, they think we are stupid sheep afterall.

I have to believe that season ticket sales will plummet if they were to announce that TLR was coming back for 2023.

5 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I think it’s clear they lost the clubhouse when they fired Renteria (not that I’m defending RR, he had his issues, but at least the team played hard for him). But instead of improving on RR they downgraded to a senile old curmudgeon baseball hoF person. 

I think he lost the clubhouse last year with the whole Yermin swinging on 3-0 thing. Most baseball people (even older "purists") agree that if the other team throws a positionplayer out there any pitch is fair game in a blowout.  The fact that he took his hottest hitter (at the time) and slammed him to the media then says stuff like we'll handle it inside the clubhouse...BS.

I didn't like the signing when they brought him in, but it's much worse than I thought it would be. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Unless the front office believes this is the best the players/team can be, what argument is there that the coaching staff isn’t actively hindering production/success?   

There is zero evidence this coaching staff is adding any positive value whatsoever.  

Why isn’t that enough?  

I know the answer is basically “Jerry,” and I hate it.  

55 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I have to believe that season ticket sales will plummet if they were to announce that TLR was coming back for 2023.

When are season ticket down payments due, in mid to late October? Not sure if they slow-rolled announcing the Tony La Russa hire until after the 2021 down payments were due.

Jerry planned on hiring Tony sometime between the Winter of 2020 and September, when Jerry unleashed Stone, Garfien and the rest of his paid media hacks on Ricky Renteria who did the best he could with one solid starter.

I believe Hahn and Tony are signed through at least October 2023, and wouldn’t be surprised if both received an extension beyond this last October.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cws05champ said:

I think he lost the clubhouse last year with the whole Yermin swinging on 3-0 thing. Most baseball people (even older "purists") agree that if the other team throws a positionplayer out there any pitch is fair game in a blowout.  The fact that he took his hottest hitter (at the time) and slammed him to the media then says stuff like we'll handle it inside the clubhouse...BS.

I didn't like the signing when they brought him in, but it's much worse than I thought it would be. 

And Tony losing the clubhouse due to being out of touch with the 21st century was always going to be the biggest danger of bringing in a guy who hadn't been around players in a decade.

Tony says that the switch doesnt need to be flipped because it is on. In that case Tony believes he has a bad baseball team because theres no way you can say these guys are playing with their hearts yet they are so consistently awful. 

And now we'll lose a guy like Cueto who actually does play with passion by throwing him under the bus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Tony says that the switch doesnt need to be flipped because it is on. In that case Tony believes he has a bad baseball team because theres no way you can say these guys are playing with their hearts yet they are so consistently awful. 

And now we'll lose a guy like Cueto who actually does play with passion by throwing him under the bus. 

TLR is like a cancer metastasizing throughout the team.  He is killing the team energy, motivation, performance through his terrible performance and decisions.  It is terminal unless the primary tumor is excised soon.

• TLR 1

2 hours ago, Tony said:

La Russa appears to be one of the few people who is not aware of what the sentiment is within his "family". Sure there are several rookies or guys like Jose Abreu who just bite their tongue, at least in front of media.

It’s known that Cueto’s viewpoint is shared inside the clubhouse.

“I don’t want to speak for everybody, but sometimes it’s [the fire] there, sometimes it’s not,” Lucas Giolito said Thursday. “To climb out of the position we’re in takes a lot of fight, takes some fire. Playing with purpose. We’re all trying but it’s not about trying, it’s about doing and you have to have that energy, that passion.”

Andrew Vaughn, who homered in the ninth inning, said he agrees with Cueto.

“Yeah, I think so,” Vaughn said. “I’m not a big rah rah guy, pretty quiet and soft spoken. Whatever guys need to get themselves going on the field is great.”

“Everyone in here knows he goes out and gives everything he’s got,” Harrison said. “So if it’s something he might have seen ... and more of the fire is about putting it together consistently. It’s no secret we haven’t been as consistent as we’d like. Sometimes that comes with energy here and there.”