Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

16 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I can think of few worse. 

Tatis would be a singles hitting second baseman/left fielder shuttling back and forth between Chicago and Charlotte because we can't cut Leury Garcia and he got in a fight with TLR about doing something cool on the field.

TLR is a multiversal black hole that ruins all White Sox timelines.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • TLR 1

This team looks fucking dead whenever they take the field. 

They're so lifeless and joyless. A complete 180 from the past few years. 

This season has been really hard to watch. In addition to being lifeless, they play horrible baseball and it offends my sensibilities when I catch them on TV or at the park as someone who loves the game.

While the roster needs to a shake up, nothing matters if Sleepy Tony is at the helm calling the shots.

If the stuff about the purge is true, every coach besides Katz and Hasler needs to be gone. Boston, McEwing, especially. No many years of bad infield and outfield defense do we need to see? 

I hope the next coaching staff of the Sox is filled with coaches who have extensive experience in player development, that being said Justin Jirschle should be on that staff. 

Edited by Joshua Strong

3 hours ago, Quin said:

Is it safe to say the Tony La Russa hire is the all time worst move in franchise history?

There have been at least a dozen internal and externally driven decisions and incidents I'd rate worse / more detrimental to the Chicago White Sox.

In terms of strictly owner / front office baseball decisions, I would have to rank Tony La Russa's hire among the Top 5 since 1975.

Would say Omar Vizquel was the most vile hire. Rick Hahn was the most destructive long term hire.

Robin Ventura was the worst managerial hire (least qualified) followed by Terry Bevington and Tony La Russa third (2020) and fourth (1979).

Chronological

• Fall 1977 Roland Hemond hires Tony La Russa
  • 8/2/1979 Roland Hemond promotes Tony La Russa
  • 10/2/1985 Jerry Reinsdorf replaces Roland Hemond with Ken Harrelson
  • 6/6/1986 Ken Harrelson fires Dave Dombrowski
  • 6/22/1986  Ken Harrelson hires Jim Fregosi
  • 9/16/1990 Jerry Reinsdorf fires Larry Himes
  • 11/5/1990 Jerry Reinsdorf hires Ron Schueler
  • 10/11/1991 Ron Schueler forces out Jeff Torborg
  • 6/2/1995 Ron Schueler hires Terry Bevington
  • Summer 2011 Kenny Williams extends clubhouse snitch Don Cooper behind Ozzie Guillen's back
  • 10/6/2011 Kenny Williams hires Robin Ventura
  • 10/26/2012 Jerry Reinsdorf promotes Rick Hahn
  • 12/4/2017 Chris Getz hires Omar Vizquel
  • 10/10/2019 Rick Hahn promotes Frank Menechino
  • 10/29/2020 Jerry Reinsdorf hires Tony La Russa
  • 12/1/2020 Tony La Russa hires Shelley Duncan
Edited by South Side Hit Men

7 hours ago, Quin said:

Tatis would be a singles hitting second baseman/left fielder shuttling back and forth between Chicago and Charlotte because we can't cut Leury Garcia and he got in a fight with TLR about doing something cool on the field.

Tatis, Sportsvision, & new Comiskey might all rival as franchise altering moments.  None feel as tangibly ruinous as TLR though. 

8 hours ago, Quin said:

I have always tried to save hatred for anyone trying to harm my family, but damn if Tony LaRussa doesn't come close.

Anyone else find it strange that we haven’t heard anything at all about a players-only meeting or anything like that all season?

usually there’d at least be one or two by this point on a team like this underperforming bunch… and you’d have heard about it somewhere in the media

The Sox may somehow make the playoffs, but that does seem unlikely at this point.  And even if they do, there's no way they can compete the Yankees, Astros, Rays, Mariners, etc.  So, it's hard for me to imagine the Sox going into 2023 with TLR at the helm.  Since it is Tony, and he's buddy-buddy with Reinsdorf, if he is relieved of his duties he'll be given some ambassador role or some shit.  Fine, I don't care.  Keep his ass out of the dugout.

Aside from Katz, they should hire a new staff and actually focus on guys who understand modern baseball and statistics.

I don’t think we are perfect but doing well enough. This quote says it all (unless taken out of context). Just goes back to what I have been saying…the standard and time at the top is weak, what the coaching staff accepts is weak, and the players are soft and mentally weak (there own fault but TLR ain’t helping matters). 

They fire the mgr and they could have went on a Phillies like run. 

In the 2-0 win over the Tigers, LaRussa sent in Leury to pinch run for Eloy. The game was still tight. What if Detroit tied and then the Sox went into extras without one of their better hitters? Besides, Eloy is a half-way decent runner. This move made no sense. Like many Tony makes.

47 minutes ago, Highland said:

In the 2-0 win over the Tigers, LaRussa sent in Leury to pinch run for Eloy. The game was still tight. What if Detroit tied and then the Sox went into extras without one of their better hitters? Besides, Eloy is a half-way decent runner. This move made no sense. Like many Tony makes.

That's not a bad move. Have to upgrade your defense in the late innings with a 2 run lead.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Highland said:

It is a bad move. You don't take out someone like Eloy when your offense stinks.

Disagree strongly here if Eloy was in LF. But he was DHing last night, which makes it less of a no brainer for sure. If Sox are leading late, Eloy is in LF and gets an at bat in the 8th, he should be pinch ran for or defensively replaced every single time. 

In Tony’s most recent interview he claimed he was a New School manager. 

Thanks for the laugh Tony.

His rational for making that statement was he felt that the rules for a starting pitcher should be changed so as that a start like last night resulted in Kopech being credited with a win.

Such a ground breaking New School thinking manager we have guys.

8 hours ago, Highland said:

Eloy is a below average runner.

On 8/13/2022 at 11:50 AM, Chisoxfn said:

I don’t think we are perfect but doing well enough. This quote says it all (unless taken out of context). Just goes back to what I have been saying…the standard and time at the top is weak, what the coaching staff accepts is weak, and the players are soft and mentally weak (there own fault but TLR ain’t helping matters). 

They fire the mgr and they could have went on a Phillies like run. 

Or at least make it to the playoffs like Toronto…although far from assured for now.