Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Pretty sure the Braves weren't two under after 128...

The sad reality is they are still in it.  I have not been excited about this team since the beginning of last offseason that saw no moves and then a lockout.  It soured my view and nothing has changed it.  I got a little excited after the early start of 5-3 or 6-4 or whatever but since the first losing streak in April I have no faith.

They should fire Tony install Maddon or Guillen to simply get the process going.  This should have happened in mid-May or at worst when the schedule got easier.  Losing 3 of 4 should have ended it and if getting swept at home v AZ didn't wake anyone open, nothing will.

There is some BS going on with this organization and the fans are paying dearly.

I had a 20 game plan, I went to the first 9 and am just blowing off he last 11.  I don't ever give them away.  I can walk to the games so I spend nothing on them but time but do not even want to give them that.  

I hate this organization so much right now I am not certain I could even be considered a fan.  I have been to 40 opening days in my 46 years of living and have had season ticket plans of various degrees every year since 2000.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

The sad reality is they are still in it.  I have not been excited about this team since the beginning of last offseason that saw no moves and then a lockout.  It soured my view and nothing has changed it.  I got a little excited after the early start of 5-3 or 6-4 or whatever but since the first losing streak in April I have no faith.

They should fire Tony install Maddon or Guillen to simply get the process going.  This should have happened in mid-May or at worst when the schedule got easier.  Losing 3 of 4 should have ended it and if getting swept at home v AZ didn't wake anyone open, nothing will.

There is some BS going on with this organization and the fans are paying dearly.

I had a 20 game plan, I went to the first 9 and am just blowing off he last 11.  I don't ever give them away.  I can walk to the games so I spend nothing on them but time but do not even want to give them that.  

I hate this organization so much right now I am not certain I could even be considered a fan.  I have been to 40 opening days in my 46 years of living and have had season ticket plans of various degrees every year since 2000.

6-2, then the long losing streak.

We get to five games over and back in the race about two weeks ago and proceed to go 2-9 and plummeting backwards.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Even if it isn't true, he isn't going to say anything else.  It might mean something, but it very well might not either.

It's Twitter though, it's not like he's put on the spot and has to answer.  I fuckin hate Twitter Steve Stone but we all know he's locked into what the organization is doing/thinking.  I don't think he just said that to say it and it's not surprising whatsoever given JR and the way the Sox do things that Tony would be back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

It's Twitter though, it's not like he's put on the spot and has to answer.  I fuckin hate Twitter Steve Stone but we all know he's locked into what the organization is doing/thinking.  I don't think he just said that to say it and it's not surprising whatsoever given JR and the way the Sox do things that Tony would be back.

Well hopefully people start cancelling tickets very loudly then.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

WGN spoke with both Hawk Harrelson and Ron Kittle today and (surprise!! not) both felt TLR was NOT to blame for the White Sox issues.

Can't say anything bad about "the family" you understand. 

Hawk Harrelson and Ron Kittle are paid team ambassadors. 

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/team/front-office

Community Relations Representatives Harold Baines, Carlton Fisk, Ken Harrelson, Bo Jackson, Ron Kittle, Carlos May, Donn Pall, A.J. Pierzynski, Tim Raines, Mike Squires

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Hawk Harrelson and Ron Kittle are paid team ambassadors

Exactly. What else can they say.

Pontiac Fundamentals. Hopefully TLR goes the same way as the Pontiac, his fundamentals are about as crisp. Speaking of 2005, how is Joe Crede not on that PR staff?

24 minutes ago, shago said:

Speaking of 2005, how is Joe Crede not on that PR staff?

Joe Crede lives in Missouri and is a Missouri Tigers Baseball Season Ticket holder. I believe most if not all of the ambassadors live in Chicago. They attend corporate functions at the ballpark and elsewhere.

My favorite Hawk call in history is at the 7:32 - 7:50 mark, specifically 7:48-7:50 "JOE CREEEEDEEE!!!!"

Didn't hear it live because I was at the park a few rows away from where it landed.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Joe Crede lives in Missouri and is a Missouri Tigers Baseball Season Ticket holder. I believe most if not all of the ambassadors live in Chicago. They attend corporate functions at the ballpark and elsewhere.

My favorite Hawk call in history is at the 7:32 - 7:50 mark, specifically 7:48-7:50 "JOE CREEEEDEEE!!!!"

Didn't hear it live because I was at the park a few rows away from where it landed.

Moncada would still be on the ground if he ran into the tarp like that on the one catch  

• 3 weeks later...

Since Tony left...

Aj Pollock .268/.312/.479/.791

Yoan .333./359/.569/.927

Eloy .348./397/.710/1.108 (in 19 games played for the record)

Grandal .205.294.364.658

Abreu .316.369.434.803

Vaughn .269.329.463.792

Harrison .333.385.417.801

Sheets .160.259.360.619

Out of the guys who  have been starting essentially most games during this stretch, literally only Gavin Sheets is hitting at a level that is appreciably below their season performance.  Almost everyone is above their season marks (6 of the 8), and Vaughn is right about at his averages.  Sheets is significantly down.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Since Tony left...

Yoan .333./359/.569/.927

Grandal .205.294.364.658

Abreu .316.369.434.803

Vaughn .269.329.463.792

Sheets .160.259.360.619

Out of the guys who  have been starting essentially most games during this stretch, literally only Gavin Sheets is hitting at a level that is appreciably below their season performance.  Almost everyone is above their season marks (6 of the 8), and Vaughn is right about at his averages.  Sheets is significantly down.

Sheets really shouldn't be an everyday player.

I'd say setting aside Tony's mere presence, I believe the main reason the hitters have seen a resurgence is because lineups have become stabilized.

Tony and the platoon evangelicals on Soxtalk are obsessed with this split or that supposed advantage. I'm of the mindset that you play your best nine most games, resting them about once a week, and no "Sunday lineup". Keep them at the same positions on the field and in the lineup.

Players get continuity with the lineup, helps their fielding as well playing the same position nearly everyday. Someone posted Tony had something like 123 different lineups in 123 or 124 games. It's absolutely ludicrous. Also, Toronto is an extremely RHH lineup, but they win because they have good regulars and they play them consistently. Your best nine playing 130-140 games will give you your best results. Also helps that Leury is the last man on the bench, not a guy Tony is trying to plop in the lineup. Also helps showing up to the ballpark and knowing what your role will be baring an emergency, not on what Tony's gut is saying.

You can look at every stating lineup with this link.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/2022-lineups.shtml

Since Tony left:

• Aberu, Andrus, Moncada and Eloy are playing the same position every day. Gonzalez is playing most days
  • OF Rotation - Vaughn, Pollock and Sheets, Vaughn for Sheets vs. LHP, Pollock to LF for Robert.
  • Grandal catching 3 days on and one day off (Zavala).

Miguel is not trying to be the smartest guy in the room. Not coming up with crazy lineup construction, not walking guys on 1-2 counts. Inserting pinch hitters and not saving his closers for a save stat. Being aggressive late in close games, not relying on push button roles and decisions. Giving the team energy, encouragement and motivation. In other words, he is doing his job.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Since Tony left...

Yoan .333./359/.569/.927

Grandal .205.294.364.658

Abreu .316.369.434.803

Vaughn .269.329.463.792

Sheets .160.259.360.619

And Leury is not playing as much as with TLR at the helm.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 8/29/2022 at 5:26 PM, Harry Chappas said:

The team execs should read this post and be alarmed. A lifelong fan, seeing how sickening it is to watch these guys strike out and hit weak grounders and popups into shifts, and basically appear to play with NO passion has driven a lifelong fan to simply eat his tickets for 11 games. says A LOT about how boring this team is and how disgracefully bad this team has been against the weak weak Central Division.

Great post by Harry. He hates this organization right now and this should alarm the Sox (but won't of course).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

On 8/29/2022 at 4:26 PM, Harry Chappas said:

harry you need to contact the Sox directly and let them know your feelings. Brooks Boyer is very good at returning e-mails and you can reach out to your ticket rep if you have one.

• Hawk 1
  • TLR 1