Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Same I can’t look away. I have the sickness. But we diehards deserve so much better. 

I’m 99.9% emotionally detached but I can’t look away either.  I still watch nearly every game as I have that sickness too, but I’m sure not letting them ruin my day. 

• Like 1

The Yankees are the team to watch if you want to watch wins.

The Sox , even without the injuries, are well short on the talent needed to compete against the top tier teams.

Many on this forum lauded the signing of Grandal and the trade that brought Moncada. Those players are inconsequential at this point.

Our starting pitching is spotty and the bullpen is a joke.

The Sox may become sellers by the trade deadline.  Then tank it  and  bring up Colas., Colson Montgomery, etc and at least make losing an interesting pastime.

Edited by tray
  • Haha 3

I'm in my 50s and been watching the Sox since I was 7.  I have a 20 game ticket plan and usually attend 15-20 games a year.  I've been around.

This past offseason took the wind out of my sails. The lockout, then making no moves to improve upon obvious team weaknesses. Hahn's insufferable BS has gotten to me.  

Apathy is setting in.  I spend most games on my phone not paying attention. I tune in sporadically if I'm bored and really care very little.

My games include, shitty opening day,  the Indians debacle, Yankees ass kicking, cease getting destroyed, Thursday night.  They are not fun to watch in any capacity.

It really is a sad state of affairs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

I'm in my 50s and been watching the Sox since I was 7.  I have a 20 game ticket plan and usually attend 15-20 games a year.  I've been around.

This past offseason took the wind out of my sails. The lockout, then making no moves to improve upon obvious team weaknesses. Hahn's insufferable BS has gotten to me.  

Apathy is setting in.  I spend most games on my phone not paying attention. I tune in sporadically if I'm bored and really care very little.

My games include, shitty opening day,  the Guardians debacle, Yankees ass kicking, cease getting destroyed, Thursday night.  They are not fun to watch in any capacity.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

My games include, shitty opening day,  the Indians debacle, Yankees ass kicking, cease getting destroyed, Thursday night.  They are not fun to watch in any capacity.

I feel your pain.  I think that was the worst game I have ever been to....and I was at the Paniagua debacle.

I too have mostly been following on my phone because this team is tough to watch and I am a fan who would tune in to game 162 when they had been eliminated weeks before.  My wife actually switched to the game last night because she thought I wanted to watch.  I thanked her and then hit the last button to go back to a commercial on the other channel.

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I wish some sportswriter would ask Hahn how he, and IMO correctly,  determined Renteria wasn't going to lead this team to where it wanted to be, can watch this everyday and still cling to hope they have the right guy. They downgraded. I have never been a LaRussa fan, but I figured he would at least be better than Reneria running a bullpen. That has proven to be wrong. And almost every game he makes some decision against all norms in order to try to be smarter than everyone else, that doesn't work. There isn't a manager alive who if he was trying to win last night, wouldn't have pinch hit for Sheets in the 8th. Except one. Fire him. Fire the GM who had a terrible offseason, and hire someone who realizes baseball isn't brain surgery.

The sooner Tony goes home, the better the chances you can salvage something this season.

And not pinch hit. for Leury late in the game.  Even Cease would have been a better option.

Edited by hankchifan

14 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I wish the Hall of Fame would consider removing him for this shit show of a managing performance.  That would be the one thing to get him to throw in the towel early.

Tony didn’t even consider this job until he received assurance his HOF status would never be in jeopardy.

He can bounce his crumbled up losing MLB betting slips off of fellow drunk Manfred’s head, and he will never lose his HOF status. Likely doesn’t have many losing slips, since betting against the Sox with his decisions is where the smart money is at, and what I wouldn’t be surprised if he did nightly and in game.

Would be a fitting end if he finishes his entire two stint White Sox tenure under .500. If it weren’t for steroids and Sandy Alderson / DeWitt, his only appearance at the HOF would be as a customer or a hanger on of a real, legitimate HOFer, like Ozzie Smith who he shunned.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, tray said:

Fire Tony so that fans can focus on how this team really sucks down to its core players. .

Fire Tony so I can get back to my normal role of saying that firing Hahn is not good enough, that he also should be tarred and feathered and paraded publicly through the south side. Deal?

2 hours ago, reiks12 said:

I am really surprised theres not more people booing at the game, lets go sox fans get into it a little bit. 

There was some booing at the end of the 7th, but radio didn’t let it play long enough to see how long it went.

34 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Fire Tony so I can get back to my normal role of saying that firing Hahn is not good enough, that he also should be tarred and feathered and paraded publicly through the south side. Deal?

That sounds very reasonable to me but I don't know if Stone would agree.