Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

3 hours ago, superchops70 said:

Every day I come to this site for the first time hoping beyond hope that there is a “Tony resigns!” thread 

... and when you open the mailbox and decode message, it simply says 'Be sure to drink your Ovaltine'

FIRE TONY

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, superchops70 said:

Fire Tony

Hahn probably couldn't even if he wanted to, hiring TLR was JR's decision and sacking him or not will be JR's decision, because TLR won't step down because he is too arrogant.

Last night was a perfect example of the last two seasons.

-Terrible defensive line up costs the starter 2 runs. player playing out of position can't make a fairly routine play.

-Base running mistake kills a rally early.

-bullpen coughs up the lead after a rally.

-Tons of easy/quick outs allow opponents starter to work deep into game

-no long balls

-multiple defensive outs given away with dropped balls not showing up as errors, but extended innings and allowing extra runs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

-Terrible defensive line up costs the starter 2 runs. player playing out of position can't make a fairly routine play.

-no long balls

-multiple de'fensive outs given away with dropped balls not showing up as errors, but extended innings and allowing extra runs.

HOF "manager" sure did clean this shit up huh?

The 2 emotions that I have been getting from Sox fans around the family and the city are Apathy and Anger.  Way to piss off your fans and/or make it that they just don't give a shit.  Nice job taking the patience shown by the fandom during the rebuild and flushing it down the toilet.  I, for one, was pissed at that bullshit tweet by Stone the other day.  He certainly seems to be a mouthpiece of the organization and that clearly showed me that this organization doesn't understand that fans are justifiably pissed off or even worse are starting to tune out.

I am sort of at peace with the fact that they are not going to fire LaRussa midseason.  I just hope he walks away at the end of this season one way or another because this just seems to be a lost season. 

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

The 2 emotions that I have been getting from Sox fans around the family and the city are Apathy and Anger.  Way to piss off your fans and/or make it that they just don't give a shit.  Nice job taking the patience shown by the fandom during the rebuild and flushing it down the toilet.  I, for one, was pissed at that bullshit tweet by Stone the other day.  He certainly seems to be a mouthpiece of the organization and that clearly showed me that this organization doesn't understand that fans are justifiably pissed off or even worse are starting to tune out.

I am sort of at peace with the fact that they are not going to fire LaRussa midseason.  I just hope he walks away at the end of this season one way or another because this just seems to be a lost season. 

Thats my take as well, good post. I really wish people would stop spending money on the org until Reinsdorf goes away. 

I am continuing to move closer to believing that this is as much if not more Hahn than it is Tony....and I am not saying Tony is by any means not an issue.

Look at the bench at the end of last night's game.

They are currently playing with one outfielder and he is told to not run very hard.

Last year Hamilton/Goodwin etc could at least play defense and bring a little spark.  

There is not one defensive player that is above average on this roster, then you couple that with the fact that there is no power on this team.

From the bullpen side they signed a guy that was already injured and a guy that could not go back to back days.

And in closing they felt Dallas Keuchel was the answer.

Fire Rick Hahn.... Luis Gonzalez would be their best outfielder currently and they saw no need for actual outfield depth.  I understand any team could have taken him and didn't but teams like their players and Gonzalez wasn't moving the needle for them but for a team that had developed and brought him up and had no other outfielders they let him walk....stupid.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, wegner said:

Apathy is the perfect term for how I feel about this team.   I went to bed when they took the lead and really did not care if they won or lost nor will I this evening.

I don't see what there is to do . this team is in hard times, and by that i mean that it seems that no matter what they do, it just doesn't seem to work out for them . until Jerry Reinsdorf is gone, probably nothing will change, except the fans will stop coming . maybe we're going have the Pirates now, since i imagine that JR is done putting money into this team.

45 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I am continuing to move closer to believing that this is as much if not more Hahn than it is Tony....and I am not saying Tony is by any means not an issue.

Look at the bench at the end of last night's game.

They are currently playing with one outfielder and he is told to not run very hard.

Last year Hamilton/Goodwin etc could at least play defense and bring a little spark.  

There is not one defensive player that is above average on this roster, then you couple that with the fact that there is no power on this team.

From the bullpen side they signed a guy that was already injured and a guy that could not go back to back days.

And in closing they felt Dallas Keuchel was the answer.

Fire Rick Hahn.... Luis Gonzalez would be their best outfielder currently and they saw no need for actual outfield depth.  I understand any team could have taken him and didn't but teams like their players and Gonzalez wasn't moving the needle for them but for a team that had developed and brought him up and had no other outfielders they let him walk....stupid.

Firing Rick Hahn continues to be insufficient.

First of all, Hahn should also be tarred and feathered and driven through the streets of the south side while the fans line the streets and jeer him. I still want that as revenge for '15/16, I might darn well fly in for that parade.

Second of all, at least one decision (Kelly) was almost certainly a LaRussa choice, and a few others could very well be (Leury for multiple years, Pollock was there while LaRussa was in AZ). So how much of this is Hahn or Tony doesn't matter if the other one is going to stay and be empowered; they both need removed.

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

First of all, Hahn should also be tarred and feathered and driven through the streets of the south side while the fans line the streets and jeer him. I still want that as revenge for '15/16, I might darn well fly in for that parade.

Second of all, at least one decision (Kelly) was almost certainly a LaRussa choice, and a few others could very well be (Leury for multiple years, Pollock was there while LaRussa was in AZ). So how much of this is Hahn or Tony doesn't matter if the other one is going to stay and be empowered; they both need removed.

They could add that as a feature of next year's South Side Irish Parade....it's been a bit dull since they cut back on the drinking.

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I am way more to apathy now.  I was angry early on because pretty much everything was obvious and predictable.  Now that it is happening, I feel helpless and disconnected.  I watch less and go less.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am way more to apathy now.  I was angry early on because pretty much everything was obvious and predictable.  Now that it is happening, I feel helpless and disconnected.  I watch less and go less.

Yep, apathetic seems to be the more common sentiment and that is where I am as well.  But there's usually a layer of anger in there too.  I think a lot of Sox fans were really looking forward to a great summer of baseball and then we got whatever this is.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

40 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Wasn't Eaton also Larussa?

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Stone is insufferable on Twitter.  Totally out of touch with the fanbase and ridiculously condescending towards people with valid complaints.  We are the ones who fund this shit, and whatever he might think we do have a right to be upset about it.

Edited by Spumoni
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Wasn't Eaton also Larussa?

Certainly possible. They haven't given us the blatant "Tony LaRussa was behind the Kelly signing and it came together quickly because of it" report with many of the other moves made over the last 2 years, but if he was the driving force behind 1 it is hard to believe he hasn't used that power to drive any other signings.

4 hours ago, wegner said:

"I Built That."

- Jerry Reinsdorf 10/26/2020

Jerry-Reinsdorf.jpg

And That

garpax2.0.png

On 6/28/2022 at 8:19 AM, southsider2k5 said:

-no long balls

-multiple defensive outs given away with dropped balls not showing up as errors, but extended innings and allowing extra runs.

Makes you wonder who the heck assembled all of this elite talent. Tony's contribution is to ensure that everyone's weaknesses are maximally exposed via advanced lineup deconstruction.