Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

"I'm accountable to me" is very tough and cool and definitely makes me think that the White Sox are concerned about accountability in the midst of their championship window that surely will end in a parade 

• Like 4

Bruce Levine on the score. He's claiming that Tony started in a hole last year. He had to prove he still "had it" and fit in with a new age ballclub, so he couldn't focus on teaching the team. The amount of water he carries for TLR is pathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Bruce Levine on the score. He's claiming that Tony started in a hole last year. He had to prove he still "had it" and fit in with a new age ballclub, so he couldn't focus on teaching the team. The amount of water he carries for TLR is pathetic. 

And he's done neither. Bravo.

• Like 3

Definitely doesn’t still have “it”, if he ever actually did.  And I don’t know how new age this club really is, but he sure didn’t fit when returned.  It’s less oil & water now but it’s simply very likely that he’s ground everyone down and killed everyone’s spirits.  0-2 there mr hall of fame baseball person…

My wife, a very casual baseball fan, watched the post-game show with me after the second Twins loss. Like everyone else, she noticed that LaRussa was slurring and mumbling his words during his press conference. She also had the impression that Ozzie really wants his old job back. Regardless, the press conference was so bad, she speculated that LaRussa might have had a recent stroke.

Putting Harrison in to pitch was a joke. No, it wasn't at likely the Sox were going to come back from an 8-2 hole. But this was giving up. Maybe giving up on the season as well? Like with the 1997 White Flag Trade.

This is pathetic. While the White Sox are burning, JR and his enablers are playing the fiddle. This team is going nowhere. Not now, or in the near future. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ron883 said:

To break this down....

He had to prove he still "had it" and fit in with a new age ballclub . . . .

He is showing that the "leader" had a lack of legitimacy. Translation: the "leader" was not qualified.

. . . . so he couldn't focus on teaching the team.

I guess this is a positive.
Cynicism aside, strike #2. If you're working so hard to prove you belong in a leadership position that you're neglecting your actual duties as a leader, you've just admitted that you're not doing your job.

Levine's support in this is literally "come on guys - give him some slack. He wasn't qualified, so he had to neglect doing his job so that he could prove he was qualified!"

35 minutes ago, ron883 said:

This excuse actually makes him look worse as the team has only sucked more the longer they’ve been managed by him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Bruce is tremendously embarrassing defending Tony, and the score needs to ask someone else those questions because Bruce wears huge blinders

We need a Mt. Rushmore with Tony, Bruce, Menechino and Leury

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dan Pasqua said:

The main problem with this team in all honesty begins with the catcher position.  We need a guy back there that knows how to command an entire pitching staff.  

This......isn't correct. 

• Like 5

Hahn not being able to fire a bench coach, a hitting coach, a 1b/3b coach, or speak out openly about the pressure being on? shows you who runs the show...

It's JR and his old buddy Tony who can do no wrong. And Hahn knows speaking up likely costs him his job before Tony. 

Tony is an ego maniac and will retain his job until he doesn't want it. The only thing that will end this is embarrassment. The only way to embarrass tony is to continue to chant and to stop going to the ballpark. JR is loyal to a fault, but even more loyal to money than his friends. 

I am really struggling to try to think of another Sox team that played this dumb of baseball.  I mean I know we have had some young and rebuilding teams over the years, but even so this is for sure the dumbest veteran team in my life time.

I just can't fathom how Jerry watches this and doesn't insist SOMETHING is done.  Fire Tony, Fire Menachino, Fire Hahn... I don't even care if it is one or all of them.  But how can you watch this and just do NOTHING?  This team has either quit on Tony, or has regressed more than any team I can ever recall seeing.

Just saw TLRs press conference when he was asked about homeruns, tipped his cap to the Twins for mashing 5 of them, but then mentioned that they tell the hitters not to think about homeruns but instead "think about good atbats". Cant make this shit up. 

TLR and Menechino have destroyed these hitters. Its unbelievable 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 8:16 AM, ron883 said:

Another example of an old duffer who looks at other old duffers as young and vibrant and relevant.   Look at this guy.  He and Tony probably went to the same HS.  

Bruce-Levine.jpg