Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It’s rare but it does happen. Most of the time if they do it, it’s early in a game when no one is paying attention to the bullpen. Yesterday everyone was watching the pen from the first inning.

With the Bummer injury finally admitted I'm guessing they have been hiding stuff from opponents about injuries. Tony has been hobbling together arms. I hate to carry any water for this man but we may be in more injury trouble than we imagined. The cupboard is bare. Tony doesn't have much to work with and it got worse. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

Felonies don't get prosecuted anymore; haven't heard anything about Tony being racist. I am doubting that's the case. Serious charges by you vs. Tony here. I am against those who get DUI's. Do I have friends who have gotten them? Yes. Many. I might be disappointed in them but didn't dump them as friends.

This is your worst troll yet, as it is all a lie.  Try harder.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Green Line said:

The whole bullpen is injured… nobody in the world could save this sinking ship.  The ungrateful fans are probably hurting clubhouse morale, but keep it up!

If the trope is the Sox are abusing injured players, that really isn't better.

39 minutes ago, Green Line said:

The whole bullpen is injured… nobody in the world could save this sinking ship.  The ungrateful fans are probably hurting clubhouse morale, but keep it up!

Hmmm 🤔

Still doesn't excuse his shit decision making in games 🤷‍♂.

On 6/11/2022 at 7:44 PM, ptatc said:

I dont know if i agree yet. It all depends on where the team finishes. Ends justify the means.

If they get healthy and beat up on the easy schedule, nothing will change

It shouldn't even come down to how the team finishes. He is doing a horrible job right now and has been all season. He deserves to be fired today. TLR has as much talent as the Phillies and Angels and both those managers with World Series rings on their resume; were fired!

13 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

No Shit Buster Olney! Wow, that is why they pay you the big bucks to make such profound and enlightening statements! I'm glad you could inform us about this fact on June 12, 2022...when the rest of the baseball world knew this the day TLR was hired. No wonder why ESPN sucks in baseball coverage. 

2 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

No Shit Buster Olney! Wow, that is why they pay you the big bucks to make such profound and enlightening statements! I'm glad you could inform us about this fact on June 12, 2022...when the rest of the baseball world knew this the day TLR was hired. No wonder why ESPN sucks in baseball coverage. 

While Sox fans probably know this story well, Buster is writing for a national audience who might not know what happened between Hawk and Tony 40 years ago.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

While Sox fans probably know this story well, Buster is writing for a national audience who might not know what happened between Hawk and Tony 40 years ago.

Exactly. I would have no idea about a similar story involving most any other team. 

10 hours ago, GermanSoxFan said:

smh, i thought you would know better to not engage greg in any kind of discussion by 2022

I've actually had a nice discussion going with at least two posters who wrote out thoughtful responses to greg's assertion that Tony is not the devil.

9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is your worst troll yet, as it is all a lie.  Try harder.

Why is it that all my opinions are wrong and yours and some other mods are always right? Nothing is absolute and my takes deserve consideration like anybody else's. We act like we're talking about Bevington here. I gave LaRussa a grade of D which is a pretty low grade. I also point out many many many reasons the team blows. So many other fans on here are putting too much blame on one reason for the team sucking. Yes Tony appears to deserve a grade of D right now. But for his career he's an A-minus (Hall of Fame, three titles). He's capable of righting the ship IMO.

9 hours ago, Green Line said:

I'm kind of on the same page here as Green Line. Some of us are big picture fans. And I would suggest to all that another manager might have us with two more wins, two less losses but that's about it. My take anyway.

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Why is it that all my opinions are wrong and yours and some other mods are always right? Nothing is absolute and my takes deserve consideration like anybody else's. We act like we're talking about Bevington here. I gave LaRussa a grade of D which is a pretty low grade. I also point out many many many reasons the team blows. So many other fans on here are putting too much blame on one reason for the team sucking. Yes Tony appears to deserve a grade of D right now. But for his career he's an A-minus (Hall of Fame, three titles). He's capable of righting the ship IMO.

You calling Sox fans classless isn't my opinion. It's a fact. It means you were lying when you called them classless or smart. Which one was it?

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

You calling Sox fans classless isn't my opinion. It's a fact. It means you were lying when you called them classless or smart. Which one was it?

I think chanting "Fire Tony" shows a lack of class. It's one example. I am not calling the fans classless as a group. Sox fans are smart southsiders who are no nonsense and like a cold beer and brat. I love 'em. But to chant fire Tony shows a lack of class IMO. Any time you turn on your own I think it reflects poorly on the crowd. Creating the na na chant in the 70s for the southside Hit Men and have it last til now shows the goodness of the fanbase.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I think chanting "Fire Tony" shows a lack of class. It's one example. I am not calling the fans classless as a group. Sox fans are smart southsiders who are no nonsense and like a cold beer and brat. I love 'em. But to chant fire Tony shows a lack of class IMO. Any time you turn on your own I think it reflects poorly on the crowd. Creating the na na chant in the 70s for the southside Hit Men and have it last til now shows the goodness of the fanbase.

So the fans chanted it are classless, but they are smart fans, meaning apparently you aren't a smart fan because you don't like what most Sox fans are feeling... by your own definition of course.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

So the fans chanted it are classless, but they are smart fans, meaning apparently you aren't a smart fan because you don't like what most Sox fans are feeling... by your own definition of course.

I think a fan can commit a classless act but not be in the category of "classless fan." It would take more than that. I think the act of chanting something against your own team is classless no matter what fanbase is doing it. Sox fans can still be smart and despise Tony IMO. They've just fallen for the age old cliche that has been around forever and will forever be in sports: "Fire the manager." ... There are many examples of coaches/managers fans think are "buffoons" like Ned Yost who were gifted an ultra talented group, won it all and made the same fans who wanted him out, shut up and cheer him wildly at the parade. ... 

My summary of how I feel about Sox fans: I like them. I think they are smart fans and good fans. In this instance I think they are showing a lack of class. I can'r really think of a guy they've singled out for booing/chanting in the past. Maybe Albert Belle? Maybe George Bell for complaining about his role in the gawddarn playoffs. Maybe Bevington, I dont recall. Maybe Erstad. Those were probably just boos, not chants.

Edited by greg775

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I think a fan can commit a classless act but not be in the category of "classless fan." It would take more than that. I think the act of chanting something against your own team is classless no matter what fanbase is doing it. Sox fans can still be smart and despise Tony IMO. They've just fallen for the age old cliche that has been around forever and will forever be in sports: "Fire the manager." ... There are many examples of coaches/managers fans think are "buffoons" like Ned Yost who were gifted an ultra talented group, won it all and made the same fans who wanted him out, shut up and cheer him wildly at the parade. ... 

My summary of how I feel about Sox fans: I like them. I think they are smart fans and good fans. In this instance I think they are showing a lack of class. I can'r really think of a guy they've singled out for booing/chanting in the past. Maybe Albert Belle? Maybe George Bell for complaining about his role in the gawddarn playoffs. Maybe Bevington, I dont recall. Maybe Erstad. Those were probably just boos, not chants.

They aren't chanting against their team.

They are chanting against the moron sabatoging it. 

Knowing what you do for a living,  you know the difference as well.

But please, keep up the act.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I remember when some fans on the South Side use to taunt some poor guy with this ooo eee ooo Maglio chant.   It was totally unnecessary and rude.  

• Haha 2