Kopech Leaves Game with Injury (knee)

Heads22

40 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Good news, seemingly. But I’d still IL him and get another arm up here. If he can’t go for a week, may as well just make it 2 and do some innings control. 

Sounds like a plica. Very good news.

10 hours ago, ptatc said:

That's true. Sprained ankles never happen in sports. How could they allow this to happen?

I agree, stuff like that just happens. Maybe you can question the big amount of oblique and hamstring strains and if there are modern training solutions to reduce those but ankle and knee injuries just happen, you can't do much about that. 

8 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Good news, seemingly. But I’d still IL him and get another arm up here. If he can’t go for a week, may as well just make it 2 and do some innings control. 

That is far too sensible a suggestion for it to happen, instead he will be trotted out again and probably make the injury worse and miss the rest of the season!

17 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

they were at home...the hospital is close by...and they share news quickly when it's good news...🤷‍♂️

It's more the latter. But its because if nothing is found d it's easy to interpret the images.  However, if they find something they need to analyze the images much closer to determine the amount of damage and if it warrants surgery and how it compares to the physical exam.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It's more the latter. But its because if nothing is found d it's easy to interpret the images.  However, if they find something they need to analyze the images much closer to determine the amount of damage and if it warrants surgery and how it compares to the physical exam.

Do they literally have an MRI machine at the park?

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Do they literally have an MRI machine at the park?

Wouldn't be surprising... "only" about $3M, or a little less than half-a-Harrison (including buyout)

Edited by JoeC

2 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Its really not. Whether or not there is merit is your call. The quesions have existed since Luol Dengs spinal tap

Yes it is. The White sox had one of the fewest IL usage rates in the MLB for years.

If you are only looking at the last 3 years you are correct but to say "have always" is wrong.

The Deng issue had nothing to do with the training staff. That isn't their job. That had everything to do with the hospital and physicians.

Edited by ptatc

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

Yes it is. The White sox had one of the fewest IL usage rates in the MLB for years.

If you are only looking at the last 3 years you are correct but to say "have always" is wrong.

The Deng issue had nothing to do with the training staff. That isn't their job. That had everything to do with the hospital and physicians.

You’re trying to argue merit. Fair enough, that’s fine. At first you disputed the litigation. And I do remember litigation. A lot with the Bulls, and yeah the last few years with the White Sox big time. I stand by my original statement.

1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:

You’re trying to argue merit. Fair enough, that’s fine. At first you disputed the litigation. And I do remember litigation. A lot with the Bulls, and yeah the last few years with the White Sox big time. I stand by my original statement.

Not arguing merit. Just saying whose issue it was. You blamed the training staff. It wasn't the training staff.

Perhaps my memory is faulty but I remember Sox and Bulls teams being among the healthiest teams for a couple decades. They might have been less than average abilities but they always suited up. 

2 hours ago, pcq said:

Recent years have been the problem. The more guys build up it seems they need protection along with the disrupted schedules. Not just a Sox problem. 

After discussion with other in sport medicine, I think it's more of the power training in the off season. Training for power helps hit HR and throw harder but it doesn't help endurance and longevity.  

Not proven by any means but a possibility.