I am old enough to remember…

GermanSoxFan

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

I remember when I delivered Tony at the hospital all those years ago. Took one look and handed him to his parents. “This kid sucks at lineups lol” I remember saying.

Did you slap the baby or the father?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I am old enough to remember that comments of this nature  are nothing but insults and don’t accomplish anything positive 

There isn't much positive happening, MT.  Hard to be happy when the team sucks and it isn't supposed to

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I‘m old enough to remember when we thought this was one of the best teams in baseball before our lifeless, 80 year manager sucked its heart & soul away.

I'm old enough to remember thinking the same and I still somewhat do but maybe a lot of these players aren't as good as we thought or as dependable as we thought

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turnin' two said:

I'm old enough to remember thinking it was still early in the season.

Teams historically took stock / inventory of their strengths, weaknesses and future prospects around Memorial Day.

The owner’s lockout pushed this a week or two into June, but we are entering July and there are several glaring issues with this team without feasible solutions.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

On 6/30/2022 at 9:13 PM, kitekrazy said:

I remember when he first got fired.  It was the right thing to do at the time.  Managers get fired all of the time even the ones who won the big trophy. 

Yogi Berra led the 1964 Yankees to the World Series and got the axe right after Series ended.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

I remember when the White Sox had fan favorites especially with the teams of the 1950s, we all loved Nellie, Chico, Billy, Minnie, Little Louie, Jungle Jim, Jimmy Landis, Sammy Esposito and Bubba Phillips. Down through the years we had others like Kenny Berry, Pete Ward, Horlen, Peters, Wood, Melton, May, Allen, Fisk, Kittle, Baines, Thomas, Ventura, Luzinski, Burns, Konerko and so many others. That brings us to the current bunch, are there any really likeable players that could be considered fan favorites on the 2022 Sox, I guess Abreu might be one but that's about it.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Hawk 1

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I'm old enough to remember being at the game when Tony left Britt Burns in to pitch in the 10th and watched as Tito Landrum HR sailed into the left field upper deck.

I'm old enough to remember this, too, although it is something I'd like to forget, like this season.

2 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I'm old enough to remember being at the game when Tony left Britt Burns in to pitch in the 10th and watched as Tito Landrum HR sailed into the left field upper deck.

Those were studs back in the days. It wasn't unusual for a manager left their top starters in for 10.  That what you did with aces instead of wondering if you take them out after 5-6. Modern baseball is so pussified.

I remember watching Nordagen would fall asleep behind the plate and forget there was a man on with a passed ball.

I was at the game where the ball bounced off Leflore's head.

Then there was the really good Sox in the 90's before the internet to get tickets and dad driving 90 minutes in hopes to get tickets Sox vs Yankees and being sold out.

Bat day - no bobbleheads

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...